Author Topic: RX7 OMP Oil Metering Pump drive using Stepper Motor Outputs  (Read 7878 times)

Offline DButters

• BHP: 2
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of building up a plug-in adapter for s6 FD3S RX7, and would like to know if the stepper motor drivers can be allocated to a load/RPM based drive for the oil metering pump, or will it only work for idle control?

The pump also has a feedback output (analog) for position verification, can this be used in the current firmware?

As an aside, I will post the proposed pin mapping for the plug in board in the appropriate forum section if anyone is interested.

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
Re: RX7 OMP Oil Metering Pump drive using Stepper Motor Outputs
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 06:17:28 am »
No, never been done. Most people remove that pump in lieu of a manual pump or more commonly, premixed gasoline.
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline DButters

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 09:59:31 am »
No, never been done. Most people remove that pump in lieu of a manual pump or more commonly, premixed gasoline.

Thanks for the info - I realise that there are a number of options other than controlling it correctly, but with a fully configurable ECU I would like to retain this functionality if possible.

Does anybody who deals with the firmware know if it would be possible to add a load/rpm table to control stepper motor position? I am happy to assist with the firmware if there is EEPROM space for the table and sufficient CPU capability to use it?

Offline boostd audi

• BHP: 9
    • vems.live
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 03:03:51 am »
he would know rx7 part numbers are in his veins
boost addict's Vems powered Audi VRT s2

Offline DButters

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 07:15:01 am »
he would know rx7 part numbers are in his veins
Sorry not sure what you mean here?

I am proposing adding a small load vs rpm table to control stepper motor position.