Author Topic: 91 Audi CQ 1.8t swap 67mm  (Read 19983 times)

Offline boostd audi

• BHP: 9
    • vems.live
91 Audi CQ 1.8t swap 67mm
« on: July 01, 2011, 05:00:54 am »
Its a 91 cq came with US bumpers and a 7a 5cyl Na, VERY SLOW.. anyway once i got home with the car i got to work. the motor was out and still warm from driving an hours distance home..
car also has a grey interrior..

my build with the car is a 1.9/20v
the head AEB will have Schrick valvetrain with shrick solid lifter conversion and shrick cams..
block is aeb with scat rods and mahle 83mm pistons.
turbo is precision 6765 duall ball bearing
trans is o1e b5 S4 6speed, debating welding the center unless my guy comes through on a quaife.
rear is 4kq.
and last but not least on vems with bosch ev14 2000cc injectors on e85

i have most of the parts, i still need a couple head parts and cams.  also waitin for turbo to get here.. i have some piping but i will have to fab them yet as well.

i never made a build thread as i built the car but ill put some pics as i go..  so far just the engine is out, stil have to take driveline and subframes out..

hoping for 700awhp+

ordered euro lights, and have plans for a reiger type front bumper,  SEARCHING for a carbon B4 hood. that are impossible to find

but here it is bone stock first day

got a power vaccum assisted brake booster and new master cyl from a friend tonight as well.. took all power steering and AC out of the car.

more updates to come
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 05:49:43 am by boostd audi »
boost addict's Vems powered Audi VRT s2

Offline boostd audi

• vems.live
Re: 91 Audi CQ US version here.. 4cyl turbo swap
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 05:07:05 am »
first update... i gutted interrior tonight. took all grey out.. took heater box apart and removed ac stuff.. and put the heater only and blower back in.  need heat for snow drifting  ;)  then i painted the entire interrior with a black rust preventative paint called por 15. 
this car is in great shape, no dent and no rust, so the interrior paint is to keep it that way..

im running a black dash (installed)
black carpet
two corbeau buckets.
and carbon fiber door card blanks with just cutout for door latch.

dash is in, once paint is dry tomorrow ill throw the carpet in and get to wiring..

tonight i took all the stock ecu wiring from the 7a out, and left everything i would need like power, starter, lights, turns, even left harness for the stock 3 gauges in center console..
i also pinned out a harness in the ec36 and 18 plugs.. worked out well because i had two other harness i had to make as well so i got all 3 pinned out..  worked well. anyway harnes is about ready to go into the car tomorrow when paint is dry,

also finished pulling the driveline and got the subframes over for bead blasting. ill pick them up tomorrow and put in solid subframe mounts and get this thing rolling again with the 4kq rear and o1e bolted in.

still waiting on head parts and i can get the motor together. hoping to have motor with turbo bolted together in the car in 2-3 weeks.. then fab work.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:19:12 am by boostd audi »

Offline boostd audi

• vems.live
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 04:33:51 am »
reserved
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 12:32:21 am by boostd audi »

Offline Jim_W

• BHP: 5
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 12:28:50 am »
sweet build!  Keep us updated.  Divert a few dollars from the build fund for a nicer camera  :P

Offline boostd audi

• vems.live
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 03:08:00 am »
yea the head pics are not my camera. the others are.. it sucks i know.  i will try to get some better ones as the turbo goods go in.

Offline boostd audi

• vems.live
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 05:46:17 am »
Head is done ready to be bolted on.. Have a block but im considering changing to 06a. We will see..

Small update.. first pic is new camera i got an old one working., (wife is good a breaking digital camera ) but i put some new wheels i just got, borbet type E 16x8, my favorite. They haven't made them in 5 years so finding a perfect set  is hard and the guy ended up being less then 15 mins away. next town over..  Definate WIN tonight.. powder coated black already and i think im diggin it black on the car too.

NEW (old) working camera

Old (cell) Camera

I know wheels arent related to vems or even engine related hehe,  but i cant believe I found a set of these so close and for the price i got them at.. I have a set of these i had on my audi A4 as well.. now on wifes Avant which is 5x112. and my US coupe is 4x108.. Either way im very happy with tonghts find..
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:03:31 am by boostd audi »

Offline boostd audi

• vems.live
Re: 91 Audi CQ US version.. 4cyl turbo swap
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 02:26:54 pm »
engine bay cleaning, took out abs bracket, battery tray, other bits i dont need. Should be ready for motor soon i hope.. havent had alot of time to work on it.

the bay is about done. next i will put the mockup block in and make the mounts for the engine. once i have most of the fab work done ill strip it all back down and get the bay sprayed.

then mounted booster and master cyl to see fitment.. looks pretty clean already

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:42:27 pm by boostd audi »

Offline boostd audi

• vems.live
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 03:20:47 am »
sprayed bay and mounted a dash until i can find a non airbag.. this will work for now.

Next is mockup time.

Offline boostd audi

• vems.live
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 05:32:00 am »
gotta get the pics hosted i have alot..

finished interrior parts just have to put the cage in and tig it up.. pulled a manual heater control and box out of a 4 door b4 and swapped that in so no more vaccum heat that creaps on in the summer..

got a manual cable for the Rear Diff lock setup.

mockup engine and trans are in, made some motor mount brackets.

got the turbo.    ;D

Precision 67mm with Vband in and out housing

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:19:20 am by boostd audi »

Offline boostd audi

• vems.live
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 03:18:42 am »
motor is in check. mounts made check. manifold started..  pics this week i hate uploading them. 
i need a clutch yet for the real motor and i have to make an intake manifold.. also will do the cage next as i got some materials.  this seems to be coming together faster then i had planned.. which is good.. hopefully i can rip it in the snow this winter..

Questions for you guys..
made my harness for this car.  does fw support dual wheelspeed yet?  id like to compair in the logs for analysis as well?? i thought i remeber hearing talk of it but havent had any request for dual so i wasnt sure.

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
Re: 91 Audi CQ 1.8t swap 67mm on e85
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 07:47:34 am »
1.1.84 added the second wheelspeed.
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline boostd audi

• vems.live
Re: 91 Audi CQ 1.8t swap 67mm on e85
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 05:44:33 am »
found it thanks for the reply.. we fwd vw guys only use the rear wheel for drags.. lol  no more vw for me.. quattro only

project fund is getting a little low and i still need alot of parts.. but i think i got a good jump on the winter project and it only being september.

heres another engine shot

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 03:10:08 am by boostd audi »

Offline boostd audi

• vems.live
Re: 91 Audi CQ 1.8t swap 67mm
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 01:33:27 am »
ended up buying a full race mani instead of making one, got a good deal.  it is t3 now but i will cut it up and make it a vband mani for my turbo... also got a tial 44m for it.

just need the front mount and bov and i can make some pipes.

got a another camera too we will try it this week

got a Another dash.. this is the non airbag which is alot cleaner. and i dont have to make a carbon cover for the airbag hole in the dash now.

got the vems gauge in and wired as well, you can see it i cut out a vent to fit it there.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:16:38 am by boostd audi »

Offline boostd audi

• vems.live
Re: 91 Audi CQ 1.8t swap 67mm
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 03:22:45 pm »

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:27:17 pm by boostd audi »

Offline boostd audi

• vems.live