Author Topic: Question about "simplified/traditional"injectors settings....  (Read 3592 times)

Offline rossi46numberone

• BHP: 4
Question about "simplified/traditional"injectors settings....
« on: September 05, 2011, 10:41:40 pm »
Hi,
I've try today the "Simplified" injector setting and it seems to improve the way they work.
Is it not more logical to work with these different voltage like a 4 points map.
I don't have the injectors voltage curve(Lucas 440cc high Z)
I've managed to keep the engine running below the alternator load at about 12v and then I've adjusted the time to reach the good LAMBDA target value
I was thinking to increase the load(lighting,A/C,etc...) as much possible to let the voltage drop like a normal utilisation and then play with it .
=>Am I right or there is a specific method to get the right values.
Michele.

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
Re: Question about "simplified/traditional"injectors settings....
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 08:35:54 am »
Biggest problem here - "traditional" method is not documented. My findings (http://www.vemssupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,661.15.html from reply #21) shows it is just two linear equations which finally gives straight line anyway.

So from my point of view "simplified" is more advanced and at same time more traditional way to describe injector dead time. Here is video in Russian how to find lag time at fixed voltage. After that IMHO it is proper way just to keep same lambda at other voltages by changing lag time accordingly.