Author Topic: Fuel map and EGO correction Question  (Read 3787 times)

Offline AVP

• BHP: 11
Fuel map and EGO correction Question
« on: December 04, 2011, 07:34:24 pm »
Hi,
i know that there are a lot of people tuning lamda from the VE table alone and only use EGO correction for up to a certain point, usually for cruise and up to 100kpa or so.

Personally i do the same and use up to 130kpa the lamda EGO closed loop.

However, i am wondering of using the water/meth injection on my second config, and since there is still no provision for knock control to avoid a problem, i was wondering if enabling EGO correction for the full map would be able to compensate for fueling, while i still stay conservative with the timing.

For example: if during WI my lamda goes richer than 0.80, i can:

1) reduce my VE table by 1 or 2 values to get it back to ideal or
2) Leave the VE table alone and enable EGO correction to always keep my lamda to 0.80 from my small lamda table.

i can only give 1 more deg of timing for IAT reduction for now, which would help and i know that it wont knock for now. Also by adjusting the timing vs IAT table, it would only be effective on lower IATs only.

What i am not currently conviced is that on high boost, how fast will the lamda react, even though the table with the water/meth might be off very slightly (as i dont use too much meth anyway). Will it keep the lamda where it needs to be? OR will it oscillate around my 0.80 target?