Author Topic: Need help with Dodge Viper odd-fire V10 install  (Read 8153 times)

Offline PeepPaadam

• BHP: 8
Need help with Dodge Viper odd-fire V10 install
« on: June 20, 2012, 02:21:06 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of installing VEMS on the Viper V-10 odd-fire engine (90-54 degrees) but need help with the config.

I created a wiki page also but hoping that maybe some guys see this topic sooner.

Here's a link to wiki page with information: http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FPeepPaadam%2FBMWwithViperEngine

Would ignition delay be proper way to adjust odd-firing cylinders?

Offline PeepPaadam

Re: Need help with Dodge Viper odd-fire V10 install
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 01:22:25 pm »
I recorded a trigger log, please check here (download rar file): http://www.porsche-foorum.org/album/albums/userpics/10026/v3.3_u004218-2012-06-22-14.37.27.rar

Is it possible to mask 2nd tooth of each pair so that VEMS treats the trigger wheel as coil type with 5 teeth?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 02:25:24 pm by PeepPaadam »

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 08:38:30 pm »
try div by 2.

Offline PeepPaadam

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 07:54:33 am »
Unfortunately divby2 did not work.

I messed with the car in last few days and at the moment started the car with VEMS controlling fuel only like first MegasQuirts  ;D (OEM ECU handling the ignition, idle etc). I just piggybacked VEMS into OEM harness and unsed separate NTC temperature sensors, took rpm signal from crank sensor (no issues with signal splitting).
I had to do it because this weekend the owner wants to participate in drift event (it's a full-blown drift car). Seems to work very well at the moment and I think I found a trigger config that works well.
Just put the trigger as coil-type, 10 teeth, 1st trigger tooth 0, next trigger tooth 2 and fill in the ref tooth table as 0,8,6,4,2 so it counts only evenly spaced teeth in the timing calc. Cam sync works ok and counts only one event per two crank rotations.
Then with ign timing trim delay the odd cylinders and that's it.

I have not verified it in action but trigger log looks great with timing events spot on.
We'll see how the car behaves in weekend and if it is ok, I will not touch it after the season has ended.

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 04:29:32 pm »
Just put the trigger as coil-type, 10 teeth, 1st trigger tooth 0, next trigger tooth 2 and fill in the ref tooth table as 0,8,6,4,2 so it counts only evenly spaced teeth in the timing calc. Cam sync works ok and counts only one event per two crank rotations.
Then with ign timing trim delay the odd cylinders and that's it.

This not what I have put for the 6 cylinders Maserati odd engine:
Trigger is coil type, 6 teeth, 1st trigger tooth 0, next trigger tooth 1, ref tooth table is 0,5,4,3,2,1, advanced filtering enabled, tooth min 12,5, tooth max 125.
I understand that my setting works by filtering out 1 trigger out of two from the 6 triggers set onto the pulley so I get 6 teeth for a full cycle.
I can understand your setting where you set next trigger tooth =2 if number of teeth were = 20