Author Topic: Open Throttle Anti Lag ALS  (Read 29666 times)

Offline Sukhoi

• BHP: 6
Re: Open Throttle Anti Lag ALS
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 06:17:07 am »
Thats great, nice to see that you have done it, you can now play with the settings to see how much wild you can make it, just remember to set the proper de-activation time (I think 3 sec is more than enough) and I highly recommend the de-activation EGT if you have EGT sensor, plus beware that the brakes don't work as you know while you are on ALS.

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 08:04:59 am »
It would be nice to see log files of pressure build.
Main three things: driveability/control , pressure build time, turbine life. It is not the easy task to balance between them...

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 08:05:11 am »
Thats great, nice to see that you have done it, you can now play with the settings to see how much wild you can make it, just remember to set the proper de-activation time (I think 3 sec is more than enough) and I highly recommend the de-activation EGT if you have EGT sensor, plus beware that the brakes don't work as you know while you are on ALS.

yes I know that, egt installed, brakes vacuum brake booster uninstaled
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 08:08:16 am »
It would be nice to see log files of pressure build.
Main three things: driveability/control , pressure build time, turbine life. It is not the easy task to balance between them...

yes, you are right, it's really hard. made a small comparison yesterday, without als when you are pushing gas pedal fast up to 4000 rpm you have 0 boost. with als you have 0.5 bar when pushing pedal same speed and distance.
[email protected]

Offline Sukhoi

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 08:36:30 am »
I noticed on the Toyota 4AGE, if you was on full boost (0.7Bar) and let off the throttle while ALS working it will go to Zero vacuum (between vacuum and boost), but when you open the throttle again on it will get back to full boost within just few milliseconds, I had few logs for that in the past, but not sure if I can find them.

I had success in building boost while ALS is working (0.2Bar), but that was so brutal on the engine (1.6L) and made so much heat, it's not good idea to have red glowing exhaust-manifold/turbine while on track, so we had to lower it.

On the posted before cars, I didn't log the ALS, so I don't have any idea about it, but it wasn't building boost as well, I will try more later with these cars, as they will be used for drifting and the owners should do the proper trainings, so am thinking in raising the ALS effect step by step, until the get used to it.

For the driving, you will not have the difficult driving if you used a switch, but you have to know how to get back the car on the rod when you are shifting specially on corners, it would take you 30 min to get used to it, but with open throttle ALS, the driving will be harder especially when you are in the area that’s around the idle, as you an tune it to get smoother, so I found a way to select between open throttle ALS and normal driving mode, and the owners likes it.

Offline Sukhoi

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 08:44:12 am »
And for the turbine life, I noticed that it will shorten it's life for sure, I have seen shafts playing after 4 or 5 track events!!

Offline amd is the best

• BHP: 1
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 08:20:08 pm »
audi s2
first sucesfull tests using only idle valve.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XfOwl-WC3vY

Could you please post your settings? I am trying to set this up on my Audi 200 20v using the idle valve as well.
'10 VW TDI
'01 Audi S4
'91 Audi 200 20v (VEMS vehicle)

Offline PaulsM

• BHP: 0
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2018, 03:59:05 pm »
When I rev up and ALS kick in, I get lean lambda reading.. why so? I tried to richen it up, wont work!

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2018, 09:19:24 pm »
When I rev up and ALS kick in, I get lean lambda reading.. why so? I tried to richen it up, wont work!
it has to be like that, ignore lambda reading
[email protected]

Offline PaulsM

• BHP: 0
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2018, 10:07:56 pm »
It is probably because sensor cannot read unburnt fuel..

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2018, 10:33:03 pm »
It is probably because sensor cannot read unburnt fuel..
sensor is measuring oxygen in the exhaust :) not the fuel
[email protected]