Author Topic: injector settings  (Read 9846 times)

Offline Seight-v8

• BHP: 6
    • Members Page - Scott Richmond
injector settings
« on: August 22, 2014, 10:28:55 pm »
Hello all,

I,very been trying to get my injector settings right since fitting some new bosch ev6 injectors too my v8 engine, but with no much luck.

Would it be possible for someone on the UK, to test one of them and supply me with the correct settings needed?

I am presuming it's possible off the car and with the right equipment/knowledge that I don't have.

At the moment I have 1600usec in the settings but still can get the lambda readings to read right if I change them, tried anything from 200-1600.

Any help welcome

Thanks

Scott.
Engine:Rover V8 4600cc
Vems Firmware:V1.2.38, GPS, SDcard, LCD & Dual lambdas, Wasted spark, 36-1 trigger, Cam Sync & Bluetooth serial.

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FScottRichmond

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: injector settings
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 01:42:57 pm »
Where are you?

Maybe i can come by and set them up with you?

Also describe the process you have gone through

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 09:06:44 pm »
any help would be really appreciated, I'm in the north east of England, between darlington & Middlesbrough.

I've been though the process of setting target lambda to 0.90, then changing it to 0.80,then mapping the VE table but I cannot get anything better than 0.83 reading, even if I change the injector effective rampup from 200-1600, the best it does is 0.83 on the lambda.

It could be any other setting in the ecu, that I don't fully understand, and I just cant see it.

Engine idles really lumpy at about 14degs advance, and the injector calibration readings are up & down, as ifs its miss-firing, not sure if it is or not.

Could be the piper285 cam, i am sure it does need someone who can do it all justice, i know that not me.

At the moment its not really drivable, even if it was mot'd and taxed.

let me know what you think, just let me know if any costs are involved.

thanks

scott

Vems Firmware:V1.2.38, GPS, SDcard, LCD & Dual lambdas, Wasted spark, 36-1 trigger, Cam Sync & Bluetooth serial.

Offline fphil

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 09:48:14 am »
After this discussion www.vemssupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,2194.0.html I found the "Simplified" strategy for setting the voltage compensation much simple to define ...
Don't you know the latency data of your EV6 Bosch injector versus voltage?

Also I remember that it was quoted here that the lambda value can be weird when the flow is too rich because part of it cannot be burnt for some times.

Philippe

Offline gunni

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 07:20:48 pm »
Is there a chance the injectors are not firing when  you think they are firing? i.e. the order of injector firing is not inline with compression TDC .

This is very critical with lumpy cams

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 06:08:05 am »
I spent a day last week just making sure all the settings I know about where correct, I have set injectors the same as ignition now as using cam sync, but this was not better than without cam sync.

I have about 400deg set in the injector angle control, tried some different numbers with not much luck....

I'm not really sure how lumpy cam should be it's much better with only 9deg of timing at idle, but I do know some people running more than 18 with the same cam.

Can upload latest configuration and log, if you want to take a look.

Thanks

Scott.

Offline gunni

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 06:09:58 pm »
Yea sure.

I did a 3.2 S50B32 and injection timing made a massive difference to response, and took out plenty fuel to maintain same lambda.

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 09:56:41 am »

Offline fphil

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 08:06:20 am »
Hello Scott,

About your log (time 2.40 - 5.10)
- I cannot undertand the LambdaTarget steps 0.93 - 0.86
- Ego is off but it seems that sometimes a correction is done
- small change of IACDC (6% -> 5%) makes big variation of lambda.

I do not understand the reasons for that. Very strange. Before replacing the injectors was the idle ok?

Philippe

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 06:32:10 pm »
I've never had a very good idle, even with old standard rover v8 injectors, which is one of the problems I'm trying to understand. I bought new ones hoping to be able to get better settings in the ecu, at the moment I'm struggling with getting there opening time right to be able to tune target lambda and very table correctly. Lambasted seems to wander around idle and engine is very lumpy.

Cheers Scott.

Offline fphil

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 09:23:04 am »
Are you confident with the idle stepper? when the idle stepper goes from 5% to 6% its 20% increment. Could the scale be changed?
I would try to tune the VE table to idle good, at a lower rpm, engine warm, without the IAC stepper. (MAT/TPS table zero). Then I would tune slowly the Integral term of the stepper control to idle good, engine warm, at the idle set point.
The engine to control is low band process, there are time lags in the control loop, numerial noise, and the stepper works by increments.
With the P term the controller can be too fast and can make the loop unstable, of course the stability can be recovered using the D term. This is a bit theory, better to start with I only and see from there.
I thing you can tune alright the VE table with a wrong injector setting. You would have problems only  for voltage compensation or when replacing injectors for other type

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 04:48:53 pm »
interesting about the stepper motor, at the moment I've got the stepper curve from -20 to 77degc, as at 77degc enrichment is off, do I need the curve to go higher, say 100degc as thats max temp I have while running?

so what does the stepper do if it goes over 77degc at the moment?.......looks like to continues to reduce the steps..

Would I be better making the curve the same as my highest temp?...

thanks for advice, I will try that next.

regards

scott

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 07:03:34 pm »
found this on youtube, can this be done via vemstune in anyway???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJgi8l-2XG4

I really want to get this out the way and move on, with other problems.

cheers

scott

Offline gunni

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 07:57:00 am »
The live method is the best method, it takes everything into an account at the same time.

i.e change dead time until whatever lambda target you enter the engine delivers given the same VE values in the fuel map.

There is a mathematical way of doing it from logged total duration values but I just havenĀ“t had time to sit down and write the excel sheet.
i.e run 0 dead time values, record lambda at the same engine load and speed for numerous PW values, you can math out the resultant deadtime from that.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:59:15 am by gunni »