Author Topic: tuning options in th uk  (Read 5017 times)

Offline Seight-v8

• BHP: 6
    • Members Page - Scott Richmond
tuning options in th uk
« on: March 21, 2015, 12:44:19 pm »
So another year starts, and I want to try and get something sorted with my VEMS rover V8 setup.

Can anyone help in the uk????.

Or should I cut my losses and switch to the devil (megsquirt) and get better tuning options?

thanks for any help

scott
Engine:Rover V8 4600cc
Vems Firmware:V1.2.38, GPS, SDcard, LCD & Dual lambdas, Wasted spark, 36-1 trigger, Cam Sync & Bluetooth serial.

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FScottRichmond

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
Re: tuning options in th uk
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 01:02:17 pm »
Hello Scott,

Any tuning shop, capable of mapping a programmable system on the dyno (or perhaps on the street) should be able to help you out; The broad mapping strategy/procedure is the same for all systems, its just a matter of some different knobs/software and hardware. What are the items you would like to have sorted ?

Best regards, Dave

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 02:39:15 pm »
god where to start with my problems.....just too many too list, its been 4-5 years after installing my vems and my car still isn't really drivable....

1. Car starts and does run.
2. warm-up enrichment...always runs rich...any settings I change don't seem to make any difference
3. Acceleration enrichment is terrible, cannot put my foot down, without a massive bog & splutter....cannot seem to get settings right here, runs very rich then very lean.
4. Lambda readings rarely meet target readings....both banks are close but always off target.
5. Injector calibrations are not right, but cannot make settings make any sense.
6. Idle is very rough and revs are sometimes up & down 100rpm.....
7. Map readings fluctuate, not wildly but at lest 2-4 kpa on idle.

This isn't everything, but I have to give up trying to sort these, as nothing I do makes any difference.

My only worry with picking a non vems tuner, its that I wont get 100% understanding of all the settings.

regards

scott
Vems Firmware:V1.2.38, GPS, SDcard, LCD & Dual lambdas, Wasted spark, 36-1 trigger, Cam Sync & Bluetooth serial.

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 11:09:20 pm »
 disable all warmup enrichments and check is pulsewidth changing with engine warming up?
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline julli

• New Users
  • BHP: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 12:43:08 am »
Hello Sott

You should talk to Gunni, he lives in UK and does have access to dyno, you can send him email to [email protected].
He did connect and program Vems in my st185 celica

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 05:47:14 pm »
god where to start with my problems.....just too many too list, its been 4-5 years after installing my vems and my car still isn't really drivable....

1. Car starts and does run.
2. warm-up enrichment...always runs rich...any settings I change don't seem to make any difference
3. Acceleration enrichment is terrible, cannot put my foot down, without a massive bog & splutter....cannot seem to get settings right here, runs very rich then very lean.
4. Lambda readings rarely meet target readings....both banks are close but always off target.
5. Injector calibrations are not right, but cannot make settings make any sense.
6. Idle is very rough and revs are sometimes up & down 100rpm.....
7. Map readings fluctuate, not wildly but at lest 2-4 kpa on idle.

This isn't everything, but I have to give up trying to sort these, as nothing I do makes any difference.

My only worry with picking a non vems tuner, its that I wont get 100% understanding of all the settings.

regards

scott

Hey Scott, let me know if you want me to map it for you, if power ignition and fuel is all sorted we can do some road tuning which will be enough in your case.
I have mapped most of the VEMS ECU's in the UK in the last 7years.

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 09:46:11 pm »
sure, but I think its need a lot of work, might be easy for you to sort.....hopefully.

Think I've wasted enough time....trying to get it working.

Where abouts are you based?

cheers

scott

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 01:55:52 pm »
I am in Bicester, dyno is in Marlow.
But if i have time I could come see you I think.