Author Topic: EAW-52 Round WBO2 & EGT Gauge  (Read 3910 times)

Offline Igorb

• BHP: 0
EAW-52 Round WBO2 & EGT Gauge
« on: April 24, 2015, 12:42:07 am »

I accidentaly lost my , when took logs from gauge to my laptop.

Please, advise to where i need connect new RS232 adapter cable end inside of ROUND gauge.
Is it RS232 pinout from computer end is standart on VEMS cable?

Thanks a lot in advance for yous support

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
Re: EAW-52 Round WBO2 & EGT Gauge
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 10:30:46 am »
Hello Igor,

The round connection is a standard serial plug (db-9 female) which requires a standard (straight) serial cable to connect to our PC/Laptop which has VemsTune software. I am not sure i understand your problem, could you elaborate exactly what went wrong ?

Best regards, Dave

Offline Igorb

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 06:44:37 pm »
I connected Round gauge to my 500hp golf 1 as secondary log and monitoring system during my test runs.
Round Gauge was outside of cockpit secured on the bonnet, I pull cable through the drivers window. Accidentally I lost cable, it pulled out by wind force from Rund gauge and lost same where on the road. So everything working fine O2 and EGT but I can't connect my laptop to Round gauge.
The question is to where connect RS232 Cable inside of Round gauge, and pinout of RS232 connector. I'd like to ask local workshop to make new cable for me. Without communication with Round gauge i haven't logs of o2 amd egt.
Please advise, how to solve this problem.

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 12:14:08 am »
If the cable pulled out of the gauge, there's nothing you can do. It's potted in there with epoxy. If there's still some cable left (ie. the plug ripped off) then it's possible to put a new one on. Sounds like the former from the description though. If you're in EU, email [email protected] and ask how much an exchange would be to get a new one.
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline Igorb

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 05:22:51 am »
Jrussell thanks for your assistance, I'll open round gauge and check what is left inside.