Author Topic: Curve editor  (Read 6970 times)

Offline S.g

• BHP: 0
Curve editor
« on: June 06, 2015, 05:41:29 am »
After updating firmware(with no issue) I was prompted to get the latest VEMStune (as the one I had on my pc was older than the firmware according to vemstune)
Now I can't change any of my curve editors either by entering values in the blocks or by pulling the points on the curve with the cursor. It reverts back to original values when I hit burn and it doesn't save the changes editing offline either

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
Re: Curve editor
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 01:07:03 pm »
Hello S.g,

Did you try the latests Dev version from: http://vems.hu/download/v3gui/dev/VemsTune-Install-2015-03-16.exe ?
Make sure you update ini files from web after installation to make sure you have the latests configuration files.

Best regards, Dave

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 05:25:55 pm »
Often times you need to enter the value in the box and hit enter. Then you can tab or click on the next box. The important part is hitting the enter key. It's something that was introduced a few versions ago, and hasn't been fixed yet as far as I know. I might not be on the absolute latest dev version though since I haven't updated in a few weeks.
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 12:53:19 am »
I quickly figured out that clicking in a textbox and changing values with 'QWER' shortcut keys is what works.

This bug is old (a year, maybe more) and often accompanied by another problem - you can only see the active point on the curve, the curve itself is not drawn.
I know if I fiddle around with dragging the buttons the software can even crash.
I've tried all sorts of dev/nightly/stable/unstable versions over the past year. The OS matters, maybe even graphics card and driver.  Windows XP has issues but is still popular, I mainly use Windows 2007 and see it there too.

The software developers should be able to fix this easily, I guess nobody brought it to their attention?
I could give more complete system specifications on request, but as the bug is so apparent it should be noticeable on most computers.

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 08:43:15 am »
Hello Mattias,

I quickly figured out that clicking in a textbox and changing values with 'QWER' shortcut keys is what works.

This bug is old (a year, maybe more) and often accompanied by another problem - you can only see the active point on the curve, the curve itself is not drawn.
I know if I fiddle around with dragging the buttons the software can even crash.
I've tried all sorts of dev/nightly/stable/unstable versions over the past year. The OS matters, maybe even graphics card and driver.  Windows XP has issues but is still popular, I mainly use Windows 2007 and see it there too.

The software developers should be able to fix this easily, I guess nobody brought it to their attention?
I could give more complete system specifications on request, but as the bug is so apparent it should be noticeable on most computers.

Could you try if the bug is still present on your install with a clean installation of http://vems.hu/download/v3gui/dev/VemsTune-Install-2015-03-16.exe just with updating latest ini's from web, so no database importing from previous install just to rule out any cross contamination ?

If so please supply a bit more details and a testcase (or sequence of events to trigger it) because even the old laptops used for backwards compatibility testing do not show it on our side.

Best regards, Dave

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 06:16:00 pm »
Fresh install, ini update from web. Loaded a log file, brought up the dialog in the screenshot.
I can get some more machine specs for you but Windows XP SP2  32 bit with some crappy ATI graphics is all that I can think of right now.
My new Lenovo with Windows 7 has no issue so that's nice.

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 11:50:12 am »
Could you try if the bug is still present on your install with a clean installation of http://vems.hu/download/v3gui/dev/VemsTune-Install-2015-03-16.exe just with updating latest ini's from web, so no database importing from previous install just to rule out any cross contamination ?

If so please supply a bit more details and a testcase (or sequence of events to trigger it) because even the old laptops used for backwards compatibility testing do not show it on our side.

Just tried it on my Lenove L540 with Windows 7 with an ECU online. 
The curve is drawn - graphics is ok.
Entering numbers manually doesn't work - once you hit burn/Alt-B the values revert to what was before.
Only "QWER" actually works, and dragging the points with the mouse.  The changes you make stay and don't revert back.

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 01:12:46 pm »
Hello Mattias,

Just tried it on my Lenove L540 with Windows 7 with an ECU online. 
The curve is drawn - graphics is ok.
Entering numbers manually doesn't work - once you hit burn/Alt-B the values revert to what was before.
Only "QWER" actually works, and dragging the points with the mouse.  The changes you make stay and don't revert back.

If you enter a single number (or change a selection/group) you need to press enter afterwards, to accept it (send to ecu), revert on burn is obviously not as intended (intended behavior is send and burn), we'll fix that bug. Thanks for the report!

Best regards, Dave

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 08:59:05 am »
Ok, that sounds good as all other dialogs send to ecu automatically when you press tab or otherwise navigate to another cell.