Author Topic: making a wireloom for a 6 inline fully sequential  (Read 6083 times)

Offline watahyahknow

• BHP: 0
  • absoluut noob in ecu programming
making a wireloom for a 6 inline fully sequential
« on: August 02, 2015, 03:34:41 pm »

Dark Blue/Red             0.5mm2          TEMP GND
White/Dark Blue          0.5mm2          WATER TEMP
Yellow/Dark Blue         0.5mm2          AIR TEMP
Violet/Yellow               0.5mm2          AIRCON REQUEST
Yellow                        0.5mm2          TURBO TIMER RELAY
White                         0.5mm2          TURBO TIMER INPUT
Dark Green/Dark Blue 0.5mm2          TPOS SIGNAL
Red/Dark Blue            0.5mm2          TPOS +5V
Dark Blue                   0.5mm2          EXTERNAL MAP SENSOR
Brown                        0.5mm2          OXYGEN SIGNAL

Red/White                 0.85mm2         BOOST CONTROL
Yellow/White             0.85mm2         TRIG 2
Dark Green/White      0.85mm2         FAN RELAY
White                        0.85mm2         FUEL RELAY
Brown/Black              0.85mm2         STAGED INJ
Dark Green/Black       0.85mm2         INJECTOR 1
Dark Blue/Black         0.85mm2         INJECTOR 2
Yellow/Black              0.85mm2         INJECTOR 3
White/Black               0.85mm2         INJECTOR 4
orange/black             0.85mm2         INJECTOR 5
purple/black              0.85mm2         INJECTOR 6
Black                        0.85mm2         SIGNAL GND
Gray/Tan                  0.85mm2         IDLE AIR
Green/Blue               0.85mm2         WIDEBAND OXY GROUND
Tan/Black                 0.85mm2         AUX 1 INPUT/OUTPUT
Orange/Dark Blue     0.85mm2         AUX 2 INPUT OUTPUT

cant get the 0.85mm2 so i change that to 1 mm2

Red/White            1.25mm2         +12V IN
Black/White          1.25mm2         GND

Blue/Green           4 core shielded TRIGGER GND
Brown/White        4 core shielded TRIGGER IN 1
Red/Yellow           4 core shielded TRIGGER +5V

Violet                   8 core shielded TACH OUTPUT
Dark Green           8 core shielded IGNITION 1
dark blue              8 core shielded IGNITION 2
yellow                  8 core shielded IGNITION 3
white                   8 core shielded IGNITION 4
orange                 8 core shielded IGNITION 5
purple                  8 core shielded IGNITION 6
Black/Shield         8 core shielded IGNITION GND

going to make my own shielding using this stuff
http://www.techflex.nl/metaalshielding-metal-braid-c-146_81.html
need to know if i need to shield the coilwiring per coil or if i can bundle them in one shield
(im using dumb cop coils)

let me know if i forgot anything (dont have knock sensors but i do have one egt , will use the wiringcolours on the sensor as a guide)
making a 1978 chevy truck intoo a frankenstein monster
chevy body jaguar motor ford rearaxle porsche brakes petebilt wheels etc , doing the european version of an american hot rod

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
Re: making a wireloom for a 6 inline fully sequential
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 04:04:44 pm »
Hello Watahyahknow

Its much much cheaper to just buy a pre-made loom from: https://shop.vems.hu/catalog/v3twinshieldharness-p-123.html, it has:

* PTFE motorsport quality wiring
* twin proper PTFE shielded (twisted and braided with foil) trigger wires

For retail price of this loom you cannot even buy the proper cables/relays (Denso and Tyco) /relay sockets and connectors (unless buying in bulk).

Best regards, Dave

Offline watahyahknow

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 05:57:58 pm »
still have to find and calculate the price for some of the parts i need to build the loom so you might be right
have to say that the price they offer the loom at i can buy a LOT of suplies , my time is free for me at least
i can allso upgrade the thickness of the wires used a little and have a little more choice in the cable routing and the placement of the vems itself
even with the official wiringloom i need to upgrade to a i6 and extra length (full size pickup) buy the plugs for the delco honda motorcycle cop coils , the rest would probably fit as i will buy the advised sensors and injectors for those

i can still change my mind about it once i got the pricing done for my own setup

since the truck is about 30 years old and originaly imported from the states
i found some serious hillbilly hacking happened to the wiring under the dash and enginebay and due to the age a lot of the wiring insulation has become brittle and the tape ratty and sticky
i will rewire the entire truck (lighting wipers heat electric fuelpump aircon etc )
i allso will install a new box for the fuses and relays these will allso hold the fuses and relays for the ecu
i found this modulair system that i like verry mush

http://www.polevolt.co.uk/acatalog/Modular_Fuse_and_Relay_System.html
chevy body jaguar motor ford rearaxle porsche brakes petebilt wheels etc , doing the european version of an american hot rod

Offline watahyahknow

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 01:52:54 am »
the wiringloom from vems is definetely cheaper for the guys running german cars ,  i have to change a lot of the connectors on the loom making it not as cost effective as making my own

been searching online and found some nice info about tefzel wiring and concentric twisting
tefzel wiring is militairy spec wiring and is more heat , friction and chemical resistant than regulair wiring the insulation is more like silicone than plastic
you can hold a heatgun to it and the insulation doesnt even discolour or melt off like regulair wire
the covering is thinner too so the wiringloom ends up less bulky and lighter while using the same gauge of wire

concentric twisting is making the loom out of layers twist a core clockwize with the wires going the farthest to the front and wrap wires around those going anti clockwize leaving the loom ever closer to the windshield
the next layer going clockwize etc etc , the end result looks like one of those big underground telephone cables

this makes the loom verry flexible and neat looking it allso causes all the wires to have simulair mecanical force aplied to them if the loom is bend or pulled on , its harder to repair wiring misstakes though

i allso found a neat tool to wirecode youre own seperate wires wish will help in the amount of rolls of wire i need (only need the solid colours )

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/wiremarkingtool.php
you put the wire in the groove in the bottom the magic marker with the correct colour in the hole in the top push a little on the marker and pull the length of wire trough that you need then cut the wire off the spool

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 08:40:36 am »
Hello Watahyahknow,

tefzel wiring is militairy spec wiring and is more heat , friction and chemical resistant than regular wiring the insulation is more like silicone than plastic
The new Vems wiring looms are made with Tefzel wiring (= PTFE) throughout, but i can imagine if many non-standard connectors are used it makes more sense to make a custom loom.

i allso found a neat tool to wirecode youre own seperate wires wish will help in the amount of rolls of wire i need (only need the solid colours )
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/wiremarkingtool.php
you put the wire in the groove in the bottom the magic marker with the correct colour in the hole in the top push a little on the marker and pull the length of wire trough that you need then cut the wire off the spool
Thats a very handy tool nice hint!

Best regards, Dave

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 12:39:40 am »
That wire marker looks to be a handy tool.  It would have saved me quite a bit of cash when I made my last wiring loom.

I have wired two cars with the modular fuseboard you found, and they have served me well for years.  I used the case with built in standoffs so I could route the wires to the sides more easily.

Offline watahyahknow

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 04:03:21 pm »
bit of a stickershock today
i recieved the plugs i need for the honda cbx 600 rr copcoils some extra crimpplugs for the econoseal and a crimperdie
now the dollar amound including shipping was 60 dollar the import vat and handling was another 30 euro
soo i will look intoo european online sellers next time 
ordered the lsu 4.9 plug at vems hu (for some reason the dutch site doesnt specify if the plug is for the 4.2 or the 4.9 )
and found a crimper set with dies and wire stripper for 30 euro

i'm thinking about making a stand to hold the crimper and operate it with my foot , that way i have two hands available to hold and keep the wire and the pin alighned
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 10:40:51 pm by watahyahknow »