Author Topic: acronyms  (Read 8483 times)

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
acronyms
« on: September 08, 2015, 06:00:58 pm »
I finally made some search to better understand the meaning of the acronyms that I am used to read on the Vems documentation.
Please correct me if I am wrong

PFET
Probably not "Power MOSFET". I guess it is for "Positive channel MOSFET". These drive our Genboard output gates.
 What puzzle me that these P gates are normally closed and, on the contrary, the genboard gates are normally open ??
There also have been a a topic for " Hi-Side PFET outputs " What are Hi-Side PFET ?

P259
Associated with the 6 current sources (eg. low current driver) of the genboard. It might be a chip with 6 outputs (channels) ??

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: acronyms
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 09:20:47 pm »
hi side refers to the output going to VSS or 12v in this case.

I.e if you have a solenoid wired to ground on one side, and the other side wired to VEMS you will need either a stepper output (limited current) or a high side driver.

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 09:28:24 am »
Yes electronic relays, thanks Gunni.

As for the "P259" name, it may refer to the "power" logic chip TPI6A259 which drives  8 logic outputs: 2 internal (see the Output Channel menu) and 6 x P259ch*. This is not obvious for a first Vems user  8)

Do you know the use of these 2 internal logic outputs named: "Low Current Output 2/3 (0.3A) Grounding, EC36 internal pin" ?

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 09:36:59 am »
Hi Guys:

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=GenBoard/Manual/DigitalOut/Table

Has a table with all types listed, with current rating / naming and other misc info.

Best regards, Dave