Author Topic: low Z injector driving  (Read 3765 times)

Offline dexion7

• BHP: 0
low Z injector driving
« on: September 28, 2015, 10:55:02 pm »
Hi,

I'm interested in a vems unit to run a ford cosworth engine which has low Z injectors using the PWM function. However I found this statement in the vems documentation which is somewhat confusing:

Although it is possible to drive LowZ injectors using VEMS's advanced Pulse Width Modulation (PWM), further tests on a range of injectors have shown us that the optimum strategy is to use the inline resistors. The recommended resistor for 2ohm injectors is a 6.8ohm 50W resistor, when used with the Transient Suppression diode you will have very high resolution control even with high flow injectors (this has been tested on 1000cc Delphi injectors and has provided massive improvement at lower engine speeds)

could someone clarify please as that statement seems to be at odds with what I have ever read. is the PWM now considered obsolete?

Offline dexion7

• BHP: 0
Re: low Z injector driving
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 11:37:47 pm »
Ok,

so Ive now read all the threads which relate to low z injector driving and PWM. Is it the case that PWM is no longer provided on new ecu's and they use the active flyback method instead and external series resistors are required ?

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: low Z injector driving
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 12:57:23 am »
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]