Author Topic: I want fire and flames rev. limit  (Read 15862 times)

Offline Mac-B

• BHP: 0
Re: I want fire and flames rev. limit
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2020, 05:58:48 pm »
According to this:
http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FGaborRacz%2FNewAlsLaunchAndOthers

and more precisely this chart:
http://www.vems.hu/files/Manual/Images/als.png

i was expecting the behaviour i described above..... only active after big throttle input and
as i limited the time to 5s it should be safe ?
i´ll use less retard the link above suggests " The highest ignition advance value plus 5-10", imho relative --> i´ll start with 10° absolute (ATDC)

the biggest open question is the behaviour of the "Maximum fuel enrichment". If zero --> no fuel in ALS OR full VE value and no add-on value ?

I´ll try it out, my hope was that somebody can explain me in theory first what the values mean, the F1 help is not self-explaining on that feature.

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2020, 07:41:21 am »
Just try it and report back.

Offline davide

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2020, 06:19:01 pm »
Hi all,
after 5 years work I just completed building my Audi rally quattro replica gr B, engine is 5cyl turbo 20v managed by Vems V3.3 version 1.2.31  tuned in Germany together with the engine.
Exaust system is totally open and I would like to get some bangs and flames same as works cars did in the past.
I am not looking for winning the world championship, only enjoy driving my car, so I don't want an hard anti lag as the risk to kill my engine is quite high.
I got a look on the related topics, there are some valid suggestions about a soft anti lag always on but no one posted a feedback concerening what happened on the car.
Is it possible to get a parameter setting and some comments about that ?
Thank you very much from Italy

Offline gunni

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2021, 08:24:21 am »
Hello.
You would be best to have a antilag swich, the tuning then is done to only provide pops and bangs and not actually attempt any crazy ALS action.
You´ll have to contact a vems tuner and get him to help you as its very car specific what the settings have to be.

Offline davide

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2021, 07:59:36 pm »
Hi, Gunny tks for your message,
I am not able to find in Italy any Vems tuner as Vems here is not very popular.
I am thinking to follow your suggestion and provide my ECU for switching als on and off using an input with pullup channel.
Could you please post an als parameter setting just to get more or less what you mean ?
One more question : Als page in Vemstune has a throttle kicker actuating feature. Could I connect my als idle solenoid to this output using a free injector channel ? Is it needed a relè or it could be connected directly to gnd pin of the solenoid ?
Thank you very much for your help,
best regards,
Davide

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2021, 07:49:40 pm »
Are you near Zagreb(Croatia)?

Offline gunni

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2021, 05:03:46 pm »
Hi, Gunny tks for your message,
I am not able to find in Italy any Vems tuner as Vems here is not very popular.
I am thinking to follow your suggestion and provide my ECU for switching als on and off using an input with pullup channel.
Could you please post an als parameter setting just to get more or less what you mean ?
One more question : Als page in Vemstune has a throttle kicker actuating feature. Could I connect my als idle solenoid to this output using a free injector channel ? Is it needed a relè or it could be connected directly to gnd pin of the solenoid ?
Thank you very much for your help,
best regards,
Davide

I can´t post any settings as they all have to be set per vehicle
the throttle kicker you can wire to a 2 wire IAC and force it open when ALS is active. You can also force your current IAC to fully open with the settings in the menu.
You can use a free IGBT or Inj output to drive an IAC

Offline davide

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2021, 05:51:43 pm »
Hi Gunny,
thank you so much for your replay and sorry for late answer.
I am living in Verona but we can't move due to Covid19 restrictions so we try to do what it is possible by messages.
I connected the idle valve as you suggested, now I am going to set inputs.
Last year I had a fail with V3.8 serial number 11010 order id 11521.
The ECU was sent to VEMS for repair and I got back a V3.8 serial number 19888 free of charge.
I haven' t received any EC18 pinout sheet .
I need to switch to GND n° 4 analog in chX provided with pullup, for ALS, MAP Switch, shift cut and launch control actuation.
How is it possible to know if my board is equipped with standard analog in ch 2-5-6-7 pullup config?
Thank you very much,
Davide