Author Topic: IACV - Idle Position Compensation  (Read 6573 times)

Offline Gr4h4m

• BHP: 0
IACV - Idle Position Compensation
« on: December 13, 2015, 09:54:06 pm »
Hi all,

This is my build that Sprocket talks about here http://www.vemssupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,2415.msg23320.html#msg23320

I had another session on the rollers looking at the idle. We couldn't find away of compensating for the IACV with extra fuel. It appears to lean out when the IACV opens. We adjusted the settings in

Idle Control General\Idle Position Compensation\IAC Alpha-N Load Compensation

But it never had any effect on the fueling.

I'm using Vemstune 1.5.33 (2015.09.08)
Firmware version 1.2.30
CompilationTime: 2014-12-06 10:05
v3.3

Offline Gr4h4m

• BHP: 0
Re: IACV - Idle Position Compensation
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 10:06:21 pm »
oh a couple of other bits I forgot to mention:

The TPS singal on the guage fluxuated with we used the Bluetooth adaptor to connect to the tuning sowftware. It would bounce around 3-4% this would stop if we used the cable. The adaptor was the Vems version and powered by running power to the R232 connector. I have cut this and used the usb power cable that came with the Bluetooth adaptor and the problem stopped. I wondered if anyone else has had the same issue.

Other than that the bluetooth has been extreemly stable.

I have also noticed that in the  volts table 4 of the readings are showing 254.xx volts? rather than 5 (ADC cal Ch5, ch6, ch7 and ch2) is this normal?

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: IACV - Idle Position Compensation
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 11:02:36 pm »
What does the log tell you?

How much did you adjust it by? Did the TPS actually start to show higher then 0% values when increasing? What are your ICV values ?
When IAC duty cycle goes up thats when that strategy actually works.