Author Topic: Audi S8 with RS6 4,2tt engine  (Read 24608 times)

Offline NOTORIOUS VR

• BHP: 5
Re: Audi S8 with RS6 4,2tt engine
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017, 06:28:25 pm »
Not what i know of no. This one is bolt on except the starter bracket.

Well that's very interesting!

Thanks

Offline NOTORIOUS VR

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017, 08:45:10 pm »
Not what i know of no. This one is bolt on except the starter bracket.

Well that's very interesting!

Thanks

Sorry and all of the factory bell housing screws fit into the block?  Or are some unusable?

According to a friend not all the bolts line up.. what are you doing to do? right now only 3 bolts work with your current configuration (green)... 2 more can be drilled and tapped (yellow).  but none on the bottom in red will work.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:16:33 pm by NOTORIOUS VR »

Offline Manick

• BHP: 2
    • Trionic tuning forum, hosted by yours truly!
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 09:54:38 pm »
I'll hook you up with some pictures when im in the garage. As i wrote, the ones around the starter needs to be moved as the starter needs to be moved inwards towards the center of the flywhee, auto-flywheel are bigger, also the holes doesnt line up properly.

We havent done the final fittings of the gearbox yet, the one on the engine is not the i will use, but if i remember correctly, its only the two in the bottom that might be out of line, otherwize, the bolt pattern is the same.

Also, nothing on this build is bolt on. The headers as you see them on the picture here is more or less cut up again due to space issues.. :/
To boost, or not to boost!
Yea i know i have a lot of questions, sorry.. :)

Offline NOTORIOUS VR

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2017, 02:14:12 pm »
I'll hook you up with some pictures when im in the garage. As i wrote, the ones around the starter needs to be moved as the starter needs to be moved inwards towards the center of the flywhee, auto-flywheel are bigger, also the holes doesnt line up properly.

We havent done the final fittings of the gearbox yet, the one on the engine is not the i will use, but if i remember correctly, its only the two in the bottom that might be out of line, otherwize, the bolt pattern is the same.

Also, nothing on this build is bolt on. The headers as you see them on the picture here is more or less cut up again due to space issues.. :/

I realize it's all custom, but I was surprised you said it all just bolts on as it's common knowledge for some time now that this is not the case, the RS6 block has a much larger bolt pattern for the bell housing. 

Anyway, I'm sure you will get it to work.  Looking forward to the updates!