Author Topic: cold start problems  (Read 15508 times)

Offline Teräsmiäs

• BHP: 0
Re: cold start problems
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 06:03:35 pm »

Here is my config. Hope you can download it! Also my tachometer wont work but i think the problems is my rpm meter in the car.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0YoTFa0ERo5UTBPZm5YMVE2bmM

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 06:15:46 pm »
Your config is very bad(ign table, fuel table, injector settings, lambda table, mat compensation, accel enrichment...).
But i fixed cold start. Give me you email.

Offline Teräsmiäs

• BHP: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 06:17:54 pm »
Why so bad?!
matti.mustamaki(at)gmail.com

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 06:50:28 pm »
ve talbe- your engine increase VE with boost and rpm, that is very unlikely
ign table- same advance at 3500 and rev limit, also very unlikely
i sent you config to email, so you can try cold start.

Offline Manick

• BHP: 2
    • Trionic tuning forum, hosted by yours truly!
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2016, 07:11:27 pm »
Also, your config is set to run in closed loop up to 7000 rpm, i would not recommend that.
To boost, or not to boost!
Yea i know i have a lot of questions, sorry.. :)

Offline iwbs

• BHP: 1
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 07:33:48 pm »
At the moment it`s 350% at 0 degrees and 150% at 40 degrees, engine starts after few seconds of cranking. Tomorrow I will try to decrease cranking enrichment and we`ll see how it goes.
Here`s the latest vemslog: http://www.vems.hu/filethingie.php?subdir=iwbs/latest%20vemslog

From bmw stock car, cranking enrichment. For vems you need to scale with warmup enrichment.
bmw
temp   multy      
-30   9.66      
-20   7.5      
-10   3.45      
0   3.08      
10   2.5      
30   2.1      
60   1.8      
90   1.25

So what you`re saying is that for VEMS, cranking enrichment needs to be scaled with warmup enrichment? For instance if I take multiplier 9,66 on -30 and my warmup enrichment multiplier on -30 is 1,3, then 9,66*1,3 gives me the actual cranking enrichment multiplier?
What about afterstart enrichment in this case? Is it also scaled with previous curves?
Btw I`m using Audi redtop coils.

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 11:12:14 pm »
Also, your config is set to run in closed loop up to 7000 rpm, i would not recommend that.

There is nothing wrong with that. If race cars who do 24hrs with the same lambda sensors can do it then why not VEMS?

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2016, 09:20:21 pm »
Theres a video of a megasquirt seminar somewhere, some well known bloke, cant remember his name lol talking about wideband closed loop controlling individual cylinders on a land speed record car. By the sounds of it, they run EGOC all the way up to red line per cylinder

Here you go, found it. Slightly off topic i know.

http://youtu.be/ueqDFWti47g
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:27:16 pm by Sprocket »

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2016, 10:46:07 pm »
Theres a video of a megasquirt seminar somewhere, some well known bloke, cant remember his name lol talking about wideband closed loop controlling individual cylinders on a land speed record car. By the sounds of it, they run EGOC all the way up to red line per cylinder

Here you go, found it. Slightly off topic i know.

http://youtu.be/ueqDFWti47g
I understood if that would be individual egt correction but wideband, that's expensive :D
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2016, 10:11:02 pm »
The point is, these guys are willing to run egoc right up to red line on a very expensive engine, yet others say on here that its bad to run egoc past 4500rpm.

I think vems is better placed to be honest as if the sensor or circuit dies, vems ignores it and runs open loop. What happens with an ecu taking a 0-5v signal from a wideband controller when a sensor dies?

Max enleanment/enrichment % should be capped such that its not going to kill the engine if things get out of hand because of a dead sensor anyway, so running egoc all the way up to red line is neither here or there from a safety point of view. What if something changed suddenly for another reason that caused a sudden lean off, and egoc was not reacting to it because it was dissabled? Half a dozen of one and 6 of the other. Things have moved on, and egoc reacts faster than it use to, that and with these new LSU4.9 sensors, i dont see why not.