Author Topic: e92 m3 engine  (Read 14926 times)

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
e92 m3 engine
« on: April 30, 2016, 12:47:59 pm »
with the help of Vems guys, we made it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcjQSHxQ72M vems controlling bmw can s65b40 engine throttles, + idle + quad vanos,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwEVNfQCmbg now mapped, 430hp, 430nm of torque :)
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
Re: e92 m3 engine
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 01:37:27 pm »
Nice work  :)

Thumps up
working on the boxer

Offline wersch

• BHP: 1
  • ECU installer in Sweden
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 09:46:15 pm »
Nice to hear  8)

Can you tell us more about the config and setup?
And big question when is the CAN bus dongle an official release?

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 01:59:05 am »
Nice to hear  8)

at the moment it is usable only for bmw s65 engine :) nothing more and no customisation available, what do you want to know about the config? :) setup is oem s65 with no mods, with all engine features working and controled by vems
[email protected]

Offline PeepPaadam

• BHP: 8
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 08:24:27 am »
Can S65 VEMS used on E92 M3 itself also or just good with engine swap?

Meaning does it support other functions of the E92 M3?

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 01:00:12 am »
Can S65 VEMS used on E92 M3 itself also or just good with engine swap?

Meaning does it support other functions of the E92 M3?
no, only swap
[email protected]

Offline wersch

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 10:40:42 pm »
Nice to hear  8)

at the moment it is usable only for bmw s65 engine :) nothing more and no customisation available, what do you want to know about the config? :) setup is oem s65 with no mods, with all engine features working and controled by vems

Actually im most curious about how the vanos works.
I see that vems have som custom settings for quad vanos now but its not fully supported.
These sort of engines are getting more and more regular, actually i have a friend of mine who later on needs ECU for his S85.

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 08:52:16 am »
I see that vems have som custom settings for quad vanos now but its not fully supported.
These sort of engines are getting more and more regular, actually i have a friend of mine who later on needs ECU for his S85.
Quad Vanos is fully supported.

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 04:42:34 am »
Nice to hear  8)

it's fully suported, and I believe I'll try it on subaru quad avcs in near future :)
[email protected]

Offline wersch

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 09:56:40 am »
When i read the helpfile in vemstune it says that the ECU just can monitor 2 cams but can control up to 4 cams if the cam dont need feedback.
As i see it we need to monitor all 4 cams on a S65, so could you give an explanation of how the control is setup for this application?

Another question, is there any good wiki page for this topic? I have searched but not found any good info.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 10:02:49 am by wersch »

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 10:20:57 am »
When i read the helpfile in vemstune it says that the ECU just can monitor 2 cams but can control up to 4 cams if the cam dont need feedback.
As i see it we need to monitor all 4 cams on a S65, so could you give an explanation of how the control is setup for this application?
I have just added support for s65 engine, sorry have not updated all the docs yet; but rest assured: full 4 cam control is supported with full closed loop position control on all 4 cams

Another question, is there any good wiki page for this topic? I have searched but not found any good info.
No, i have not updated docs on cam control yet. However the ETC setup is available: http://vems.hu/vt/help/v3/v3_electronic_throttle_control.html#BMW_S65_S85_ETC
If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask; i can answer here quickly.

Best regards, Dave

Offline wersch

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 11:01:30 am »
Thumbs up Dave!  8)

What i´m most interested in is how the feedback works, cause in vemstune its seems that you only use 2 cam triggers to meausure position on all 4 cams.

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 12:50:21 pm »
Thumbs up Dave!  8)

What i´m most interested in is how the feedback works, cause in vemstune its seems that you only use 2 cam triggers to meausure position on all 4 cams.
When using 4 cam control, the 2 wheel speed inputs are used as 4th/5th trigger for the second set of cams (intake 2/exhaust 2). Each channel has its own measure tooth (see 1.2.34_default_config), offsets between first and second intake/exhaust can be corrected if needed; both intakes and both exhausts use the same target table.

Best regards, Dave

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 06:57:54 pm »
Wow! Unbelievable! Awesome!

And - I have this engine on queue!

1. Please some words about outputs? Cams have to have 8 powerful outputs. How to deal with that in most rational way?

2. What additional hardware required for CAN?

3. IIRC both ITBs banks on S65 has different rod [links between motor and throttles] angle against throttle lever. And then opening equation [motor angle vs throttle angle] has bit different curves with just two common points: 0% and 100% throttle.  And then for ideal fueling two VE maps required - one for each bank...
Or I am wrong? 

Many thanks for GREAT progress!!!

Gints

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 08:59:05 pm »
Wow! Unbelievable! Awesome!

And - I have this engine on queue!

1. Please some words about outputs? Cams have to have 8 powerful outputs. How to deal with that in most rational way?

2. What additional hardware required for CAN?

3. IIRC both ITBs banks on S65 has different rod [links between motor and throttles] angle against throttle lever. And then opening equation [motor angle vs throttle angle] has bit different curves with just two common points: 0% and 100% throttle.  And then for ideal fueling two VE maps required - one for each bank...
Or I am wrong? 

Many thanks for GREAT progress!!!

Gints
1. which engine you are talking about? s65 needs 4 outputs for cam control.
2.order ecu from vems and you will get all you need, i would not allow self assembly for that :)

3 you are wrong. they both perfectly folows target no difference bettween sides :)
[email protected]