Author Topic: Secondary trigger injector timing?  (Read 4341 times)

Offline JohnP

• BHP: 0
Secondary trigger injector timing?
« on: June 13, 2016, 03:26:36 pm »
 Hello everyone.

I'm here to ask what can be gained from using a secondary trigger? I have been running wasted spark coils for years with great performance. Reason for question is that occasionally I notice upon start up I see my a/f ratio slightly richer than before. Also notice in decel at lower rpm.  I'm using 1600cc injectors with e85.  Is the secondary trigger involved with injector timing?

In injector settings I have my cranking fuel devider set to 2.
What is this doing? I have a secondary hall trigger but is intended for 12v. Should I connect this and run it at 5v or is the vems ok with 12v?

Thanks for any input this receives.

Cheers.
John P.

Offline PeepPaadam

• BHP: 8
Re: Secondary trigger injector timing?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 05:33:25 am »
You can connect it to 12v and it still most likely outputs 5v like many sensors do.

But if it outputs 12v then it is also ok for VEMS.

Offline murjam

• BHP: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 09:05:13 pm »
Having sequential injection helps a lot for steadier idle. Wasted spark setups usually only idle well with AFR ratio richer than 1:13.5, but with sequential you can lean that up. Other than that, I have seen no differences.

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 01:29:50 pm »
Without the secondary trigger, its 50/50 as to whether the injection of fuel takes place on the intake stoke, or on the exhaust stroke. Some engines don't mind, but others can see variances in afr. Its down to how the fuel sits in the port waiting for the inlet valve to open.

Offline JohnP

• BHP: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 02:32:28 pm »
So if the secondary trigger available for the engine is intended for 12v, would 12v to the sensor cause problems in the vems? I dont want to burn anything in the vems.
 Thank you for your responses.
 JohnP