Author Topic: audi aan with no inverter setup help  (Read 3350 times)

Offline diesel des

• BHP: 0
audi aan with no inverter setup help
« on: June 20, 2016, 09:39:44 pm »
So I got a used vems ecu for my audi urq project running a 20vt aan setup with aby loom etc. I have just built the car and new stroker engine on 1200 cc injectors and big turbo etc so I had lots of things that could be incorrect. To make sure the vems was ok I sent it for test and repair and it took over 6 weeks. I asked for a test and a description of each input so I new what I had and what I would need to connect extra parts like anti lag and multi fuel etc. Anyhow it came back with some written details like the air temperature sensor is ntc not pct and no cam inverter. Anyhow it did have no trigger errors during cranking and while testing it did fire each injector and spark. But the car would not start after 2 days testing and work. I tried everything I new. The car would only pop and bang like a car with plug leads on wrong. I was using the config that came from vems in the ecu. I tried changing lots of things. So I took today off work and removed the vems ecu from my audi urs4 . I just changed the required fuel to suit the bigger and injectors and boom the urq started first try. So my engine is good. My wiring is good. Its my tested vems that is wrong. As it has no cam inverter I think my problem is with the settings for telling the ecu were tdc is. So what crank refrence settings do I need and heat it else do I need to change on an ecu with no cam inverter? Any get me started maps for vems on a new firmware with no cam invert and 1000 to 1200 cc injectors?

Thanks des

Offline magloman

• WikiPage
Re: audi aan with no inverter setup help
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 10:46:28 am »
hi
Im only amateur and is also about to install a vems(v3.3) in my AAN right now. I have no trigger signal at all right now, but thats another story :-)

I think inverted HALL signal needs some components in the box itself; hardware things. It can be fitted afterwards and you could send it someone who fix it. Like a reseller for maybe faster handling.

qoute from wiki:
"boxes sent out after 2008-07-31 "Cam HALL Inverter" is standard"

So how old is your box?

Here is a good link I think:
http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=AudiTrigger%2FCamHALLInverter

Qoute: "The inverter can be an NPN transistor such as TIP31 or BC817 (almost any NPN transistor that can handle 10mA and 20V)"

VEMS v3.3 FW:1.2.31
Audi urS4 AAN

Offline diesel des

Re: audi aan with no inverter setup help
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 12:29:41 am »
Thanks for the help.  I got an inverter circuit and added it and the car starts fine.  Now i have a wideband issues!!  Cheers des.