Author Topic: Remote tuning  (Read 3544 times)

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Remote tuning
« on: September 08, 2016, 10:24:56 pm »
So whats the status of Vemstune that can connect to a remote "server" , this server clearly must have a fixed internet ip and a port forwarding to the laptop/desktop and said computer must have Vemstune running somehow as TCP Server?????

I have SO much remote tuning work around the world and I do have a fixed IP so this is easy for me to implement on my side and for my customers to connect to my server so I can tune their cars or solve their issues. Teamviewer only goes so far.

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: Remote tuning
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 11:51:01 pm »
So whats the status of Vemstune that can connect to a remote "server" , this server clearly must have a fixed internet ip and a port forwarding to the laptop/desktop and said computer must have Vemstune running somehow as TCP Server?????

I have SO much remote tuning work around the world and I do have a fixed IP so this is easy for me to implement on my side and for my customers to connect to my server so I can tune their cars or solve their issues. Teamviewer only goes so far.
make vpn server, openvpn type or something, small script for installing it on client side, it will get your selected ip address and you can connect to your client from your vemstune in your laptop simple as fuck.. why should vemstune connect somewhere :))
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: Remote tuning
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 12:05:19 am »
I thought client Vemstune was supposed to be able to connect to a remote server and not always have to act as the server to a remote client which would do the tuning,

I remember testing this with Marcell a couple of years back