Author Topic: Cannot create subsequent logs to SD card  (Read 4262 times)

Offline RazOn

• BHP: 0
Cannot create subsequent logs to SD card
« on: December 05, 2016, 10:43:09 pm »
I'm trying to set up my ecu to automatically start logging to SD card every time the car starts.
I bought the SD card adapter and installed it myself. I also bought/installed a knock chip and oscillator. I'm aware logging disables knock control but from what I understand the chip can still be physically installed... it's just the features are mutually exclusive.
I'm using Firmware 1.2.31

Managed to get SD card logging partially working by inserting/erasing card in VEMS multiple times.

To log, I'm using the Start/Stop feature under "Tools/SD Card Log" in Vems (Auto trigger doesn't seem to work for now).

It successfully creates the first log when I press start, then later stop the logging.
However, when I try to start a 2'nd log, I get a message saying "SDCard startlog. Waiting..." (this message does not appear for 1'st log). The message goes away when the progress bar reaches the end and at the same time I get a notification in windows task bar lower right corner. It's a blank white banner (no msg... just a white square) that pops up for a few seconds than goes away (using Win 10).
A while later I go and stop the log, but no log is being recorded.

If I erase the card, then again it will record one log, and fail subsequent attempts.
Any pointers on how to get this going would be greatly appreciated.

Parts before install:

First log successfully created

Popup message when attempting to start 2'nd log

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: Cannot create subsequent logs to SD card
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 09:31:56 am »
you need press start only once. that's all
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline RazOn

• BHP: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 04:49:42 am »
That worked! Pressing Start once creates a new log every time the car starts.

So, when would I want to used the Stop button?
Does Start/Stop in this menu mean Enable /Disable SD card logging feature? and not an actual log? (When Enabled Disables knock control)?

I'm used with logging to laptop, where you Start a log by pressing the log button, and to stop the log you press the button again.
If you could explain this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You again!

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 02:23:06 pm »
That worked! Pressing Start once creates a new log every time the car starts.

So, when would I want to used the Stop button?
Does Start/Stop in this menu mean Enable /Disable SD card logging feature? and not an actual log? (When Enabled Disables knock control)?

I'm used with logging to laptop, where you Start a log by pressing the log button, and to stop the log you press the button again.
If you could explain this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You again!
when you are enabling sd log feature in software you need to press that start logging button once. that's all, after that it allways will log to sd when you start the car :)  no need to stop it
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]