Author Topic: VEMS v3 road map  (Read 13391 times)

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: VEMS v3 road map
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2016, 02:36:15 pm »
That is nearing prices I would start considering other systems than Megasquirt for projects.

I agree, but the purpose of that was to show that MS is pushing forward with current technologies and we're here spinning our wheels.

CAN is fundamental, can't use CAN for dashboards, can't use CAN for vehicle communications, can't use CAN for expansion, still no traction control, still no rolling anti-lag, still not fail safes, still no Flex-fuel.  The list goes on and on and that's just software, as you said the hardware is a completely different monster to tackle.

I mean, look at the trend.  People but aftermarket ECU's for features and ease of install.  I'm not saying MS is perfect, but at least they're moving towards the future and while the prices are increasing, people pay because they like the platform.  VEMS can do the same, they will continue have a loyal following if they have an ECU that is up to date.  V3.x is no where near up to date anymore, and it's like that because someone decided to take months to made an S65 CAN bus project, for what?  For one car? 

As much as I want VEMS to get up to date, it cannot happen on the current platform.  VEMS 4 or 5 or VEMS Pro or something needs to be well into the works I hope.
anyway, you are right, it cant be done in current platform, it's allmost maxed out now :) but even on current v3 these connectors are too small :D
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline NOTORIOUS VR

• BHP: 5
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 03:52:29 pm »
hehe, sometimes you people are really annoying :) can bus wasn't a problem as I understand, quad vanos was ;)  yeah, cant use can... :D what if it gives you can bus but you need to get can ID's by yourself? :) still will be crying because there is no menu with selection :) no failsafes? hmn, seems I'm only one using it for about 2 years... what failsafes you need? :) fuel pressure cut depending on map,  engine speed limiter depending on oil pressure?? water temp based rev limit? :)) it has everything, not the nicest implementation but it has these things :) I understand why vems it not revealing anything.. it's because everyone will be annoying them with bunch of requests which are needed only for them :)

Don't be a dick head...  This isn't about me so don't make it so.  Annoying are people like yourself who think their $hit don't stink.

1 person cared about the S65 - you... no one else.

I'm not going to reply to the rest of your post since you clearly are a child in your replies...

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2016, 04:04:05 pm »
hehe, sometimes you people are really annoying :) can bus wasn't a problem as I understand, quad vanos was ;)  yeah, cant use can... :D what if it gives you can bus but you need to get can ID's by yourself? :) still will be crying because there is no menu with selection :) no failsafes? hmn, seems I'm only one using it for about 2 years... what failsafes you need? :) fuel pressure cut depending on map,  engine speed limiter depending on oil pressure?? water temp based rev limit? :)) it has everything, not the nicest implementation but it has these things :) I understand why vems it not revealing anything.. it's because everyone will be annoying them with bunch of requests which are needed only for them :)

Don't be a dick head...  This isn't about me so don't make it so.  Annoying are people like yourself who think their $hit don't stink.

1 person cared about the S65 - you... no one else.

I'm not going to reply to the rest of your post since you clearly are a child in your replies...

why you are so upset about s65? vems has quad cam now :) it means subaru, some fords can be done now :) bmw v10, old 5.0 m5 with quad vanos? what's wrong with that? :) + different vanos/vvti control strategy, which helped a lot on m54 engines which were slow responding with old implementation, or vw r32 :) not sure in what market you are working :)
anyway you dont know  the story behind s65 and I'm not going to tell it for you :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 04:07:19 pm by Kamuto »
[email protected]

Offline NOTORIOUS VR

• BHP: 5
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2016, 04:07:01 pm »
why you are so upset about s65? vems has quad cam now :) it means subaru, some fords can be done now :) bmw v10, old 5.0 m5 with quad vanos? what's wrong with that? :) + different vanos/vvti control strategy, which helped a lot on m54 engines which were slow responding with old implementation, or vw r32 :) not sure in what market you are working :)

You clearly missed the point I've been trying to make from the beginning.

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2016, 04:22:02 pm »

You clearly missed the point I've been trying to make from the beginning.
anyway, I know 1.2.38 will be released in near future :) some good stuff will be there :)
[email protected]

Offline Mads Lund

• BHP: 4
    • VEMS member
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2016, 05:34:48 pm »
In this endless discussion :-)

Today I was discussing with one of my friends, who have VEMS's in almost all his cars. The daily drive beeing a Volvo 740 turbo with VEMS. But as teh water temperature sensor goes up a bit under hard accelerations, do the fan start. He already have a 2'nd water sensor input (radiator return) and want to use that analog channel for fan control.... can't be done :-(

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2016, 07:29:22 pm »
In this endless discussion :-)

Today I was discussing with one of my friends, who have VEMS's in almost all his cars. The daily drive beeing a Volvo 740 turbo with VEMS. But as teh water temperature sensor goes up a bit under hard accelerations, do the fan start. He already have a 2'nd water sensor input (radiator return) and want to use that analog channel for fan control.... can't be done :-(
you mean output triggered by analog input?
[email protected]