Author Topic: E85 flex fuel  (Read 6988 times)

Offline S.g

• BHP: 0
E85 flex fuel
« on: September 29, 2016, 09:26:14 am »
so,I posted this in 'general discussion' section but no responses...probably put it in the wrong place, so anyway....im about to wire in my contitech flexfuel sensor and configure to run flexibly on whatever mix.
i have a few questions:
1.....when i go to the ini. file to modify it for the vemstune flexfuel gauge the older config files are straight forward to modify....however on the newer config which i use (knock features,clt-timing,etc..) the ini. file is alot different than the supportguide (where the ini. file has"roadspeed={0}") . how do i modify the newer 1.2.31 config to run the ethanol content gauge

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: E85 flex fuel
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 09:46:12 am »
use 1.2.32 first, and to run on any mix no, I dont think it's possible to make it working on any mix :) not enough settings for that, but anyway for maintaining fuel quality and making adjustments that's good stuff
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline S.g

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 11:37:33 am »
Well if it's able to have data for the gauge % then why isn't there provisions to use the same wheel speed data for anytrim????it doesn't make sense.....the flex fuel vehicles can use the freq input to do it???? I was sure I read somewhere of people using the flex fuel sensor with VEMS anytrim. Other standalone ECUs are doing it too, with that same sensor.

Offline S.g

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 11:50:28 am »

With the sensor.......
50 Hertz indicates 0% ethanol,
150 Hertz indicates 100% ethanol

Offline S.g

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 12:00:50 pm »
..when i go to anytrim and use speed2 input for my spark/fuel trims i cant change any values in the wheelspeed axis/boxes. i want to enter the specific wheelspeed values i have(from the tables that people have came up with for speed vs ethanol content values)in the km/h(speed2) boxes in anytrim speed2 to get a better curve, is this possible

Offline S.g

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 03:26:45 am »
Anybody?????

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 04:21:34 pm »
..when i go to anytrim and use speed2 input for my spark/fuel trims i cant change any values in the wheelspeed axis/boxes. i want to enter the specific wheelspeed values i have(from the tables that people have came up with for speed vs ethanol content values)in the km/h(speed2) boxes in anytrim speed2 to get a better curve, is this possible
no it's not I believe :)
[email protected]

Offline S.g

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 06:55:53 am »
Bump, anyone get a direct way to use continental flex fuel sensor input for  anytrim control??

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 11:34:44 am »
Bump, anyone get a direct way to use continental flex fuel sensor input for  anytrim control??
you can easily get it working, you just dont get get proper values in there, that's all, instead of concentration you will see speed there :) anyway it should be possible to calibrate it like that you will get same value just in speed, in my opinion wheelspeed calibration 150hz should show 100km/h so it's the same as 100% ethanol

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=GenBoard%2FVerThree%2FFlexFuel

I mean you hook ethanol sensor signal on wheelspeed
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 11:41:09 am by Kamuto »
[email protected]

Offline Tille

• BHP: 1
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 02:26:12 pm »
I use zeitronix ethanol content controler. It has a 0-5V output that could be used for flexfuel anytrim things. It has 0-5v fueltemp output also
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 02:28:24 pm by Tille »