Author Topic: MCP3208 SOIC to DIP conversion  (Read 3908 times)

Offline Sam8888

• BHP: 0
MCP3208 SOIC to DIP conversion
« on: September 19, 2016, 11:32:05 am »
I'm thinking about converting my VEMS adc chip soic socket to dip. Just because then it'll be easyer to change if the adc chip fails.

Ordered a converter from ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/271320911355) and i wonder if anybody did this conversion?

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: MCP3208 SOIC to DIP conversion
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 02:04:28 pm »
I'm thinking about converting my VEMS adc chip soic socket to dip. Just because then it'll be easyer to change if the adc chip fails.

Ordered a converter from ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/271320911355) and i wonder if anybody did this conversion?
but why? :) not so easy to kill it :)
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline Sam8888

• BHP: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 03:13:15 pm »
I guess i managed to kill couple of my adc channels, and it'd be nice to be easier to change it in the future.
It'd be nicer (for like, in the future on the newer genboards) if it'd be DIP socketed on the board from factory. It's a common failure (esp. for rookies like me  ;D ) and would be so much easier to change if it's DIP socketed (pop out the worn, pop in the new, no soldering needed).

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 11:06:24 pm »
I guess i managed to kill couple of my adc channels, and it'd be nice to be easier to change it in the future.
It'd be nicer (for like, in the future on the newer genboards) if it'd be DIP socketed on the board from factory. It's a common failure (esp. for rookies like me  ;D ) and would be so much easier to change if it's DIP socketed (pop out the worn, pop in the new, no soldering needed).
from 100+ ecu i killed it once :D
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]