Author Topic: IACV 0% = 100%  (Read 7235 times)

Offline Wolf_Tm

• BHP: 0
IACV 0% = 100%
« on: December 27, 2016, 12:55:17 pm »
Hi,
I'd need an info about how VEMS drive the IACV:
is there any reason why with IACV PWM DC at 0% the valve is COMPLETELY opened (like 100%) and the minimum I can use to close it is 1%?
How could I completely close the IACV then?

Thanks

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: IACV 0% = 100%
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 11:53:24 pm »
Hi,
is there any reason why with IACV PWM DC at 0% the valve is COMPLETELY opened (like 100%) and the minimum I can use to close it is 1%?

Thanks
are you sure you are connected it right way? + is there a diode on it?
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline Wolf_Tm

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 06:29:56 pm »
Hi,

Thanks

Hi Kamuto,
I'm pretty sure I connected in the right way... it's a 3 wire IAC (positive. gnd, ecu controlled gnd).
I didn't put the diode because it worked almost ok, unless for the fact that it works correctly from 100% down to 1% IAC DC... but as I select/get to 0%, it totally opens up as it was a 100%:
do you think the diode would solve it?

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 11:23:34 pm »
Hi,

Thanks

Hi Kamuto,
I'm pretty sure I connected in the right way... it's a 3 wire IAC (positive. gnd, ecu controlled gnd).
I didn't put the diode because it worked almost ok, unless for the fact that it works correctly from 100% down to 1% IAC DC... but as I select/get to 0%, it totally opens up as it was a 100%:
first of all, you will never reach 0% in reality.. no diode there wont help :) it's more your iac valve problem, not ecu :)  just limit it at idle hardware settings, like 10% min and 90% max :)
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline Wolf_Tm

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 10:21:48 am »
Hi,

Thanks

Hi Kamuto,
first of all, you will never reach 0% in reality.. no diode there wont help :) it's more your iac valve problem, not ecu :)  just limit it at idle hardware settings, like 10% min and 90% max :)

Yes, you're right, in fact I later opened up the valve and discovered that the factory setting was not totally closed at 0%:
I turned the solenoid a bit in its buttonholes and now it's fine!