Author Topic: Firmware 1.2.38 - No start and "Speed Sensor" grayed out  (Read 4795 times)

Offline RazOn

• BHP: 0
Firmware 1.2.38 - No start and "Speed Sensor" grayed out
« on: February 04, 2017, 02:02:47 am »
Just did the FW and ini file updates, engine won't start anymore. I looked through the setup, everything looks fine. Not sure where to start looking...
Speed sensor menu is grayed out... any idea why? Can't set wheelspeed and gear sensing.

I put the old firmware back for now, and everything is ok. Engine runs.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:25:15 am by RazOn »

Offline RazOn

Re: Firmware 1.2.38 - No start and Speed Sencor config grayed out
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 02:48:00 am »
Managed to get the engine running again.
First, there is a lot of new menu's, some of which have "INVALID" configuration by default. I made sure they were set to valid entries and disabled the functions for now.
However, the reason the car didn't run was because the Fuel Pump PWM Control was turned on by default with the new firmware (new feature). I set it to Disabled, and engine started right up!

Speed Sensor menu still grayed out  :(

Offline RazOn

Re: Firmware 1.2.38 - No start and "Speed Sensor" grayed out
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 06:25:12 am »
Ok, figured out the Speed sensors.
The new fw comes with 4 camshaft sensors enabled and it seems that it's using the wheels speed inputs for that.
Anyway, set it to 2 cams and the speed sensor menu is now available

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 09:25:05 am »
use the config sanity check...... thats the 'tick' button on the toolbar at the top of Vemstune. . highlight the error or warning and at the bottom of the window you can link to all the errors and warnings and easilly correct them. some features you have to enable to change the bits that show as an error or warning, but just remember to disable them again.

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 12:29:27 pm »
Ok, figured out the Speed sensors.
The new fw comes with 4 camshaft sensors enabled and it seems that it's using the wheels speed inputs for that.
Anyway, set it to 2 cams and the speed sensor menu is now available
it's not the fw comes with something enabled, that's your configuration :)) if you had something really old it may do some problems for you :)
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline RazOn

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 08:54:16 am »
use the config sanity check......

Thank you! I did do the sanity check, but I didn't know about the link, so I didn't really know what the issue was. I ended up going through every single menu and checked everything

it's not the fw comes with something enabled, that's your configuration :)) if you had something really old it may do some problems for you :)

I  had the 1.2.31 before.
When upgrading the firmware,  New maps and features should be filled with values that don't affect functionality. last time I did fw upgrade, similar: the new iat correction map had random, big values for timing... I couldn't start the car