Author Topic: Launch Control with Trans Brake  (Read 4569 times)

Offline Hoff701

• BHP: 0
Launch Control with Trans Brake
« on: January 19, 2017, 11:39:57 pm »
I'm new to VEMS, and working on installing a setup in a twin turbo LSX s10 with a PowerGlide trans. I'm struggling a bit on connecting launch control with the trans brake.

All I'm wanting to do with the input active is set a temporary rev limit while the trans brake is active, while the truck is spooling up and staging. I've seen some saying to switch the input to 5v and some saying to switch it to ground.

What I'm planning on doing as of now is tapping into the wire from the trans brake button to the solenoid and using it to energize a relay coil. Then the relay would either switch 5v from EC36-28 to EC18-2, or just switch EC18-2 to ground. Any additional advice for or against either way?

Pin EC18-2 is protected, and has the built in pull-up resistor. Thanks in advance.

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: Launch Control with Trans Brake
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 02:08:50 am »
I'm new to VEMS, and working on installing a setup in a twin turbo LSX s10 with a PowerGlide trans. I'm struggling a bit on connecting launch control with the trans brake.

All I'm wanting to do with the input active is set a temporary rev limit while the trans brake is active, while the truck is spooling up and staging. I've seen some saying to switch the input to 5v and some saying to switch it to ground.

What I'm planning on doing as of now is tapping into the wire from the trans brake button to the solenoid and using it to energize a relay coil. Then the relay would either switch 5v from EC36-28 to EC18-2, or just switch EC18-2 to ground. Any additional advice for or against either way?

Pin EC18-2 is protected, and has the built in pull-up resistor. Thanks in advance.
you can do it in anytrim channels, just update software to 1.2.32 at least :) while trans brake active use analog input in anytrim to change your rev limit, anyway, your torque converter must to that job.
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline Hoff701

• BHP: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 04:59:08 am »

you can do it in anytrim channels, just update software to 1.2.32 at least :) while trans brake active use analog input in anytrim to change your rev limit
[/quote]

Thanks, but it's still not clear to me if I should send 5v to the input, or if I should send the input to ground.

[/quote]
anyway, your torque converter must to that job.
[/quote]

I'm not looking to alter the stall speed. The truck will also be using a bump box to pulse the trans brake solenoid to help it creep into the beams. Just want a rev limit to build boost while staging, and holding it at WOT.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 05:02:20 am by Hoff701 »

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 01:33:22 pm »

you can do it in anytrim channels, just update software to 1.2.32 at least :) while trans brake active use analog input in anytrim to change your rev limit

Thanks, but it's still not clear to me if I should send 5v to the input, or if I should send the input to ground.

[/quote]
anyway, your torque converter must to that job.
[/quote]

I'm not looking to alter the stall speed. The truck will also be using a bump box to pulse the trans brake solenoid to help it creep into the beams. Just want a rev limit to build boost while staging, and holding it at WOT.
[/quote]
just use launch control for that :) yes put 5v to ground :) anyway transbrake creep works nice on vems too :) using it
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]