Author Topic: WBO2 sensor not working  (Read 6247 times)

Offline alfasud

• BHP: 0
WBO2 sensor not working
« on: August 15, 2019, 05:50:52 pm »
We have a PNP ECU installed on a Citroen Saxo 16V, Jp4 engine. We have installed a PLX 4.9 sensor, calibrated ok according Vems instructions, but when we start the engine we dont get any readings from the sensor ( yellow bar of actual lamda stays full right on screen).
We do get an alarm message from ECU to check sensor type ( or something like that), but we do have set 4.9 sensor to wideband settings...

We need any piece of advice as soon as posible, about what can we check to find what is going on... Is it possible to have a dead sensor, although calibration is done normaly??

Thanks in advance for the help!

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: WBO2 sensor not working
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 07:56:23 pm »
What do you mean by PLX 4.9?

Offline alfasud

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 03:43:40 pm »
Ι ment the brand of the sensor, but problem found. ECU was set for a 4.2 sensor, we made the resistor modification and indications are back!

Thanks

Offline alfasud

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 07:35:27 am »
It apears to me that our lamda does not working ok...
Here is a log, i can clearly see lamda bouncing around limits, sometimes he gives some indications ( i believe correct because we have managed to tune the engine to perform quite well), but we really need to have a 100% working lamda to continue tuning.
We are tuning open loop till now, i believe its imposible to tune or operate closed loop with this lamda operation...

Do you think lamda is damaged or something??

LOG photo1 ( lamda bouncing):
https://ibb.co/hmHhdrB

Log photo2 ( lamda apears to give some good indications)
https://ibb.co/MC194vM
Need some advice ASAP!
Thanks and regards from Samos Island / Greece

George
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 07:41:23 am by alfasud »

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 09:01:26 pm »
New sensor? Then check wiring and pump-zero voltage. also if using above 1.2.38 you can get internal values of sensor in Vemstune: heater DC and "temperature" and pump DC and nernst value. By that you can check stability of processes inside sensor.

Easiest way is to check with other sensor.

Offline alfasud

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 07:23:50 am »
Gintsk, all checked but we finally installed a new sensor at now we have good indications!

Thanks for help