Author Topic: Trigger Error on S6 AAN with Lupo 60-2 Hall Trigger Wheel  (Read 13995 times)

Offline black

• BHP: 0
Re: Trigger Error on S6 AAN with Lupo 60-2 Hall Trigger Wheel
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 11:02:58 am »
I might have an issue similar. I got spikes on the secondary trigger signal. I solve it by a capacitance between signal and ground.

Ok, I heard about something like that from the NIRA users...  what kind of capacity? 1 mikrofarad ??

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 11:17:45 am »
I do not remember what I have put, may be 0.1 uf, also I may have done a post about it, and a scope was  a good friend.
 I had a VR sensor (180Ohm) I did a computation to get the cut frequency 10 times the highest trigger freq.
The VR sensor is a nice thing because the highest the frequency the highest the level, hence the signal after the filter may remain high enough.
I might start from 1uF and then make smaller if necessary

Offline black

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 07:13:24 pm »
I do not remember what I have put, may be 0.1 uf, also I may have done a post about it, and a scope was  a good friend.
 I had a VR sensor (180Ohm) I did a computation to get the cut frequency 10 times the highest trigger freq.
The VR sensor is a nice thing because the highest the frequency the highest the level, hence the signal after the filter may remain high enough.
I might start from 1uF and then make smaller if necessary

VR sensor is a different story  ;)

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 08:20:56 pm »
I might have an issue similar. I got spikes on the secondary trigger signal. I solve it by a capacitance between signal and ground.

Ok, I heard about something like that from the NIRA users...  what kind of capacity? 1 mikrofarad ??
i believe you are chasing ghosts...
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline black

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2017, 04:32:40 pm »

can't say but in fact the car was misfiring when trigger error occured (ok, not at shifting but sometimes it happend without shifting and then bang!

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2017, 07:04:30 pm »
Indeed the ghosts are here, invisible. Sometimes you scope them  8)

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2017, 08:56:37 pm »

can't say but in fact the car was misfiring when trigger error occured (ok, not at shifting but sometimes it happend without shifting and then bang!
so it would be time to change spark plugs :))
[email protected]

Offline black

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 09:24:37 am »

yes... because worn sparkplugs tend to missfire exact at 5500 rpm every time  ;D - but for sure, spark plugs were the first part changed to new ;-)

but maybe you can tell me what you meant with "fucked up trigger tooth" ?? ;)

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 09:57:33 am »

yes... because worn sparkplugs tend to missfire exact at 5500 rpm every time  ;D - but for sure, spark plugs were the first part changed to new ;-)

but maybe you can tell me what you meant with "fucked up trigger tooth" ?? ;)

how far your sec trigger is from missing tooth?
[email protected]

Offline black

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 05:36:03 pm »
Unfortunately the error is back  :o ::):

>:(

and btw, i can see some fucked up tooth in your log :D