Author Topic: GM ls3 style primary 60-2 and secondary 4X trigger set up  (Read 5613 times)

Offline DatsunV8

• BHP: 0
GM ls3 style primary 60-2 and secondary 4X trigger set up
« on: October 29, 2017, 05:46:36 pm »
Hello,
        iv been trying to get my new engine setup right with Vems v3.8 on my ls3 style engine. It has what GM calls 58x (60-2) crankshaft sensor primary triggger and 4x cam sprocket for secondary trigger. now the problem that I am having is I don't think I have the cam sync set up right. I keep getting  TRE faults and less sec. trig faults. i Took some pictures of the VEMS trigger log for rising and falling edage of the secondary trigger. iv been playing with rising edge with the /ignore Sectrig pulses above/ with value 5 to catch the trigger at tooth 3 but not working and iv tried using just the /maximum primary edge between secondary edges/ set at 33 to catch the second cam trigger at tooth 33 and also 128+25=153 in table  to maybe catch the same signal but not working  :(
rising edge

I don't seem to be able to put any pictures on here but I can email anyone the images of the rising and falling edges of the GM 4X cam sprocket.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 06:09:26 pm by DatsunV8 »

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: GM ls3 style primary 60-2 and secondary 4X trigger set up
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 08:15:08 pm »
Hello,
        iv been trying to get my new engine setup right with Vems v3.8 on my ls3 style engine. It has what GM calls 58x (60-2) crankshaft sensor primary triggger and 4x cam sprocket for secondary trigger. now the problem that I am having is I don't think I have the cam sync set up right. I keep getting  TRE faults and less sec. trig faults. i Took some pictures of the VEMS trigger log for rising and falling edage of the secondary trigger. iv been playing with rising edge with the /ignore Sectrig pulses above/ with value 5 to catch the trigger at tooth 3 but not working and iv tried using just the /maximum primary edge between secondary edges/ set at 33 to catch the second cam trigger at tooth 33 and also 128+25=153 in table  to maybe catch the same signal but not working  :(
rising edge

I don't seem to be able to put any pictures on here but I can email anyone the images of the rising and falling edges of the GM 4X cam sprocket.
upload both trigger logs with falling and rising edges, after changing edge reboot ecu
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline DatsunV8

• BHP: 0
Re: GM ls3 style primary 60-2 and secondary 4X trigger set up
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 12:28:29 am »
i guess my real question is how does the secondary trigger setting, maximum primary edge between secondary edges work. i get how ignore sectrig pulses above is set a value, the trigger up to that value and reads any sectrig from missing gap until primary trigger teeth at said sectrig value. this value is set for each rotation of the crankshaft.

now with the maximum primary edge between secondary edges does it always read after the missing teeth (Gap) of each turn of the crankshaft or if it doesn’t how does it know where to start reading?