Author Topic: Converting to AlphaN (TPS vs RPM)  (Read 49887 times)

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Converting to AlphaN (TPS vs RPM)
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 12:38:32 pm »
My ITBs are joined using pneumatic fittings:

They're perfect for the job, cheap and available from a few places in Cambridge as well as on-line:
http://www.technobots.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Push_Fits_134.html
All you'd need is One stud elbow:
http://www.technobots.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_BSPT_Stud_Elbow_267.html
Three stud tees:
http://www.technobots.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_BSPT_Stud_Tee_271.html
And the pipe to join them up, you just need to decide on the right tube size.

Offline tweek

• BHP: 3
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2008, 12:12:26 pm »
i still have a small problem i have to set my idle every now and again as the car decides to shift the idle around (yes the idle screw is secure) mapped the car idle was grand drove home and car was parked for two days then when i started it i had to set the idle again as it wouldn't idle correctly it kept dying.is this due to the atmosphere?mapped the car at night as that was the only time the private road was available :-) also it was quiet cold when the car was set to idle.also have to judge what rpms to set it to as when i turn on my lights (rpms drop under load) it drops about 150rpms.so is there anything i can do to or check without adjusting my idle before i take it in for the nct (mot)?also the barometric adjustment is set to on

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 01:15:55 pm »
Getting a clean idle from cold is very tricky - you really need an idle control valve.
What are your ignition advance idle settings like?

Offline tweek

• BHP: 3
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 06:44:02 pm »
Getting a clean idle from cold is very tricky - you really need an idle control valve.
What are your ignition advance idle settings like?
Car was fully warmed up.i will check all setting when i get home in about 2 hours have a map here of how the car ran on the dyno after being road mapped will post up that aswell

Offline se7ensport

• BHP: 6
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 11:15:11 am »
Yes, but you tend to use only very small amounts, the fuel map tends to provide the fueling adjustments.

Rob

What acceleration enrichment base settings should be used with AlaphN?  I'm using the following:

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 02:29:26 pm »
They should be about the same as with Speed-Density, except you probably need less since the throttle input quickly responds to give you the correct fueling.

Start with something like 100/40/10/0 for rpm based enrichment, and 5/10/20/40 for TPS. Then work from there on the TPS table alone.

Lean blips in the lambda graph are caused by either rich mis-fires or simple too little enrichment. Watch tpsDot gauge and lambda graph. Datalog gear changes and transient behaviour, this stuff takes time, but it's easy to at least avoid the too lean condition.

Offline se7ensport

• BHP: 6
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 02:48:48 pm »
Thanks again Mattias.

Offline wazzu70

• BHP: 1
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2013, 05:17:16 pm »
Does Alpha-N/SD blending work the same way in VEMSTune? Sorry if its a silly question but most of the info here is for the older software regarding settings to do blending. Obviously the procedure is still the same :)
BMW E30 M42 project