Author Topic: RS232 Vems Tune  (Read 5974 times)

Offline Matus

• BHP: 0
RS232 Vems Tune
« on: November 07, 2017, 07:55:25 pm »
Hi,

I wasn't solved yet issue how to swap between PC connection and AIM display connection. Second RS232 didn't help me but maybe other idea would.
As far I understood it seems that AIM datastream is going by RS232 till ECU detect Vems tune. This will switch AIM datastream to vemstune stream but .. there is not mechanism like vemstune timeout that will switch back from vemstune stream to AIM stream.

Would it be possible to set something like "hello timeout"  for vemstune detection ?

Problem is that I must turn off ECU when disconnecting PC and want to see display again. Also issue is that when I am connected by PC, driver don't see any data on the display which is not much confident driving when you testing things...etc.

Or how you are doing these things ?

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: RS232 Vems Tune
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 09:20:22 pm »
Hi,

I wasn't solved yet issue how to swap between PC connection and AIM display connection. Second RS232 didn't help me but maybe other idea would.
As far I understood it seems that AIM datastream is going by RS232 till ECU detect Vems tune. This will switch AIM datastream to vemstune stream but .. there is not mechanism like vemstune timeout that will switch back from vemstune stream to AIM stream.

Would it be possible to set something like "hello timeout"  for vemstune detection ?

Problem is that I must turn off ECU when disconnecting PC and want to see display again. Also issue is that when I am connected by PC, driver don't see any data on the display which is not much confident driving when you testing things...etc.

Or how you are doing these things ?
maybe connect drivers display to second rs232 and leave first rs232 for tuning only?
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline Matus

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 09:54:13 am »
Try that, but wasn't working.
Found AIM data stream on Wiki http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=BroadcastDatastreamAim
But wasn't able to connect by vemstune or see data on the display by second RS232.
I had second RS232 wired by Vems, by order.
Issue might be that display not recognize AIM protocol on second port due different format.

Anyway I just need to receive data from ECU by display (Tested on primary RS232 just with RX pin on the display and it is working)

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 11:34:48 am »
Try that, but wasn't working.
Found AIM data stream on Wiki http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=BroadcastDatastreamAim
But wasn't able to connect by vemstune or see data on the display by second RS232.
I had second RS232 wired by Vems, by order.
Issue might be that display not recognize AIM protocol on second port due different format.

Anyway I just need to receive data from ECU by display (Tested on primary RS232 just with RX pin on the display and it is working)

wtf.. you cant conect vemstune on second rs232, have you tried phone over usb-otg and select aim on it? aim format is the same on both, or you havent configured aim stream properly on it, or using old software which does not support second rs232..
[email protected]

Offline Matus

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 12:29:58 pm »
Actually just tried PC on both channels, display on both channels.

Second RS232 looks not working in both cases.
Sure I didn't sniff second channel if there is running some data stream or not.

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 04:50:50 pm »
Actually just tried PC on both channels, display on both channels.

Second RS232 looks not working in both cases.
Sure I didn't sniff second channel if there is running some data stream or not.
sometimes it looks that you are doing things little bit backwards :) how you are going to connect laptop on second rs232 if it only provides aim stream if configured? first, have you configured it according to the instructions? I can assure you rs232 aim stream is working exactly how it should :)
[email protected]