Author Topic: cam sync and 60-2 crank wheel tooth after gap with ignition timing  (Read 2828 times)

Offline DatsunV8

• BHP: 0
so i have a ls3 style ignition system, crank wheel 60-2 and 4x  cam gear with cam trigger events on  first 360 degrees tooth 2, 33, and 43 then 720 degree rotation tooth 13 on the rising edge. with falling edge it’s equal spaced on the 2 rataions. cylinder firing order 18726543

now my quistions that would really help out if some one could help because iv read a bit of conflicting info on the internet forums and wikis.

1. question on the tooth reference table, the numbers on the left side 0,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 in reference to the different ignition channels?
2. if you change the ignition outputs in ignition output visual does it change the firing order of the tooth reference table
3. does the cam reference (cam sync trigger) trigger start before cylinder 1 fires so it resets the firing order to know cylinder one needs firing at TDC?
4. does number 1 tooth (0 tooth after gap) is this tooth to be cylinder number 1 firing position or is it supposed to be the cylinder right befor cylinder 1 in my case 3? because you want the cam sync to be after the missing tooth but befor cylinder 1?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:08:47 am by DatsunV8 »

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: cam sync and 60-2 crank wheel tooth after gap with ignition timing
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 08:45:13 pm »
most important you need to have cam sensor signal not in the missing gap, and you will need some sec ignore settings to be set up, and you dont need touch ref table if you are shifting outputs. you set it for once and you forget it :)
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]