Author Topic: Audi ABH V8 pre-buy VEMS options  (Read 4104 times)

Offline taxman

• BHP: 0
Audi ABH V8 pre-buy VEMS options
« on: December 14, 2017, 10:07:26 pm »
Hi there guys.

I have a twin turbocharged Audi V8 1993. It was previosly run by a EMS ECU, triggered by a 36/1 missing tooth wheel under the crank pulley and hall in the distributor. I want to switch to VEMS and run the engine with 8 coils from a newer ABZ engine. I also want to get rid of the added triggering wheel and use the original trigger system, if possible. I´m about to order the VEMS ECU and I need to properly configure it before buying. I ran through the Wiki pages and this forum, but with no conclusive answers. Some of you run the Audi V8 engine with added 60/2 wheel on flywheel, others add another 3 pins to original flywheel and I found only one thread of a guy using original flywheel and audi trigger (but running just wasted spark) http://www.vemssupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,920.msg9605.html#msg9605 .

Is it possible to run the original 136 teeth, one triggering pin at the flywheel and hall cam sensor using the primary trigger: VR secondary trigger: AudiTrigger configuration? Or is there any other way that you would recommend to run the engine with original flywheel + cam sensor configuration?

Thank you for your kind help.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 10:17:46 pm by taxman »

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: Audi ABH V8 pre-buy VEMS options
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 10:30:24 am »
Hi there guys.

I have a twin turbocharged Audi V8 1993. It was previosly run by a EMS ECU, triggered by a 36/1 missing tooth wheel under the crank pulley and hall in the distributor. I want to switch to VEMS and run the engine with 8 coils from a newer ABZ engine. I also want to get rid of the added triggering wheel and use the original trigger system, if possible. I´m about to order the VEMS ECU and I need to properly configure it before buying. I ran through the Wiki pages and this forum, but with no conclusive answers. Some of you run the Audi V8 engine with added 60/2 wheel on flywheel, others add another 3 pins to original flywheel and I found only one thread of a guy using original flywheel and audi trigger (but running just wasted spark) http://www.vemssupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,920.msg9605.html#msg9605 .

Is it possible to run the original 136 teeth, one triggering pin at the flywheel and hall cam sensor using the primary trigger: VR secondary trigger: AudiTrigger configuration? Or is there any other way that you would recommend to run the engine with original flywheel + cam sensor configuration?

Thank you for your kind help.
yes it's possible to run it with standart 136 tooth
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline taxman

• BHP: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 12:59:44 pm »
Thank you Kamuto. So the configuration primary trigger: VR , secondary trigger: AudiTrigger is correct.

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 05:47:38 pm »
Thank you Kamuto. So the configuration primary trigger: VR , secondary trigger: AudiTrigger is correct.
yes
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]