Author Topic: 84 bmw 323  (Read 20361 times)

Offline gox

• BHP: 6
Re: 84 bmw 323
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 06:45:51 pm »
My ignition map is 100% secure on the low quality fuel,no knocks,i`m drifitng 2 years with that map,not a single problem.If you tune it on the dyno there will be probably some changes to gain more power...

You can take it from my topic.

I`m upgrading my complete suspension and some more thing on my car,as soon as i get it done,i`ll post how h1c is working.

E30 2.7 - VEMS,KKK K27.2,Schrick,1bar

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
Re: 84 bmw 323
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 07:16:11 am »
I've had other things to do this weekend than to compose mail and create configs but I've gotten around to sending you an e-mail with a .vemscg file that you should upload after you've upgraded your ECU to 1.1.64 or later. You will have to use VemsTune to do this but I encourage you to try it as this is the latest stuff and I'm using it on my stock E30 320 -89 with the same setup as yours.
Read this thread briefly : http://195.159.109.134/vemsuk/forum/index.php/topic,1050.0.html
and download from here  (latest date) : http://www.vems.hu/download/v3gui/

Use the built-in firmware tools to do the upgrade. You'll find it in the "Tools" menu, first use the web download tool to get and activate the 1.1.64 or later firmware, then use the upgrade tool to upload it with "C/NTC/2063/256" setting for both IAT and CLT sensors. You'll see what I mean when you try it.
As a basic rule you must do this with NO POWER to ignition coils, injectors and anything else grounded through the ECU output drivers. I hope they are all using fuses.

My config is setup to work with the stock ICV and I use ignition advance to control idle as well. I have disabled the ICV in the config to make life easier for you.  The ignition advance control at idle is active unless you disable it.
- If you use it you MUST keep the TPS calibrated so that when you release the throttle to let the engine idle then the throttle position is below the idle TPS threshold (set under Idle settings). When the engine is warmed up you must set the idle rpm using the throttle blade adjustment (unless you're using the ICV) and you want to set it so that the idle ignition advance function retards the timing from 25 (as read in the ignition advance table) down to 10-15 degrees advance in order to maintain the 850 rpm hot idle rpm  (set the rpm under Idle settings if this does not suit you).

I have 133 cc/min injectors, yours are probably a bit larger so you might want to lower req fuel a bit, but please try it with no changes to this value at first. Press F1 for help in each settings window and you'll see a help text (of which I've written the most) which describes how to calculate the req fuel. Check the Bosch number on your injectors and you can double check the injector flow on this page :
http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm#BOSCH

Your only real output (read from your MSQ file) is driving the fuel pump and was using P259 ch 5 (EC36-pin15). Open my config (off-line just on your computer) and see that I have changed that to I259-7 (EC36-pin10) which is a much safer option. I don't trust the P259 drivers to last unless proper diode protection is added, this is a known problem.

I've also activated a tacho/rpm output on S259-3 (EC18-pin4) which works directly with the stock tach on my E30 -89. On your -84 I'm not sure that works, and you might not need it because I'm pretty sure the stock tacho uses the ignition coil negative/ground on your car.

You have to enter the calibration values for the wideband controller (which you got via e-mail when you bought your ECU), if you don't have them then PM/e-mail me your serial number and I can get those for you. Calibrate all your other sensors and you should be set to start the car. Please strobe the ignition timing to double check the primary trigger settings match your engine.

Test this and give us feedback on both what problems you encounter with the settings and the engine, and on VemsTune itself which is in development (but very useable already).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:20:00 am by mattias »