Author Topic: subaru starting problem  (Read 5121 times)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
subaru starting problem
« on: August 16, 2008, 01:37:32 pm »
Hi All.

I have now found out that if i push the car , and start it like that, instead of starting with the startermotor, the car runs like straight away.

I have found this out, as my car cant start anymore, when trying the regular turning the key,
So this is the speciel VEMS immobiliser , i have to hold the car on a hill to  get it running ???

this is only when the car is cold, it´s "almost" not a problem when the car have been started before the same day

This is a megasquirt guy that explains the exact same problem.

http://www.msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=24543

Could anyone give some info on what to try, to see if we can make this Japcar start problem go away?

working on the boxer

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: subaru starting problem
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 03:06:53 pm »
Have you tried running a wire directly from the battery to the VEMS?  I know people have seen starting problems with boot mounted batteries because of the voltage drop along the extra long cable - this is of course worse when cold as the starter draws more current.  In fact the guy with the 200SX S14a on here had to have a direct feed from the battery via a fuse and relay because of low Vbatt when cranking.

Offline Denmark

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 04:08:56 pm »
Yep,

I have allready been told that, but it did not help,
The strange thing is i was a week in Germany running at the Ring, and the car started with only a little trobble every morning, when we got home, the temp is about 10 degrees lower,
and the car just refuse to start, it backfires, and it just out of sync, i think.

But the impreza vems i made, have suddenly developed a rpm limit at6k rpm, so maybe there is some trooble with that too, and that have allready had the36-1 wheel mounted.

Thanks,
Skassa

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 06:57:49 pm by Denmark »
working on the boxer

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 07:26:27 pm »
Would the RPM limit be occuring at 6800?  Take a look at Extras->Launch Control and check Fuel based Launchcontrol RPMlimit and see if theres something set there.

Offline Denmark

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 07:17:43 am »
In that setting, there is 6400rpm with a 200rpm control range,
but the funtion is disapbeled, so i dont hope that can interfear , but i will change it to a higher limit.

I will give it a ago,

thanks,
Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline Denmark

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 05:07:54 pm »
It was the Launch limit that was causing a 6400 rpmlimit,
it was becorse another guy downloaded the program to the car, as the car is 400km away from me,so i mailed the program i made to him..

It´s fixed now  :)

Thanks,
Skassa
working on the boxer