Technical > Ignition

Dual chanel knock detection

(1/1)

Sprocket:
I do believe there is another chanel for another knock sensor. I wish to use this. Its there, why not use it, complicated does not matter to me ;D. The engine this will be used on is the 16v engine and as such is totaly bespoke non standard in any respect. I have plenty of locations on the block for the sensors, i have the sensors.

I want the best knock protection possible, as if The British Mini Showdown is anything like last year, the hotest days of the year and 15psi boost on 9:1 CR is piston melting stuff, as some found out :-\

The question is, what else do I need to do other than hard wire the VEMS GenBoard the inputs to the chip from EC36? is the dual chanel an average or individaul? how does this work with Megatune?

Please help some one ???

[email protected]:
Both channels use a single ground so its really only a case of running a wire upto the EC18 plug.

The knock chip has three pads for a 3 pin header:

Connect the sensor input through the 3 pin header (pads) at the northwest corner (looking at the "top")

* North pad (close to board-edge): knockA signal (channel 0) (usually through EC18pin3)
* Middle pad: knock GND (usually through EC18pin2)
* Southern pad: knockB signal (channel 1) - usually not used
This was taken from my earlier work ;D:
http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=GenBoard%2FManual%2FKnockSensor

Sprocket:
Coolio, fairly simple then.Was really just after the confirmation ;)

Ta mucho

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version