Author Topic: my project Subaru Legacy Turbo 92´  (Read 7831 times)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
my project Subaru Legacy Turbo 92´
« on: April 10, 2008, 07:05:05 pm »
Hi all.

I´m putting this project here,as it almost impossible to make a wiki side, have been trying today but gave, even though a allready have one , with the AE86 i made.i have sence made another AE86 turbo with vems, and before a Corrado Turbo

8 years ago, i purchased a Impreza GT, which i had for 4years, and it had before i sold it just under 400hp, i tuned that car myself, i have been trough my part of learning, with destroyed pistons and the likes...so i´m now very familiar with the EJ series engines, both EJ20-22T and EJ25
I now make almost all the Impreza´s in Denmark,GC8 version have always been with LINK ECU,  but if i get this working, this will offcourse be VEMS , from now on :D (when it comes to tunning and mapping).

I have been to Germany to get this old bugger:
This will be a ongoing project, and will be the ulitimate "BLACK SLEEPER"

totally standard, when i got home with it, the engine was only 5k km old, but the bigends could not stand up to the 1300km drive home, so i took it apart and put in some ACL race bearings, another crank, as there was some small marks from the destroyed bearings.

Engines room from the beginning:

then i got this:

and some suspension parts, whiteline front and rear arb, and droplinks

I have also just mounted a set of H&R springs, and found out that the left rear shock is toast, so i have ordered 2 rear , kyb agx

Then i added some piping, and some small parts to make the engine ready.
Pararell fuelrails, and a fpr,and a Walbro pump

Then it was a 3" turboback.

and now the part that i´m working on now:

I have also ordered a FK driver seat, so i dont fall out when turning :).

I hope to have it all ready with the Vems, before i´m going to the Ring from the 3th-6th may, that is just under a month, otherwise i will run it with the oe ECU, but the only part is to figure out if the trigger system is right,
And for me to find out how i measure the timing when there is COP´s , so there is now HT lead to trigger the timming gun, (How do i do that)?

Any comment, or q´s  dont hesitate to speak up :)

/Skassa
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 09:04:01 am by Denmark »
working on the boxer

Offline Denmark

Re: my project Subaru Legacy Turbo 92´
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 09:19:23 am »
I have just had a friend in GB , he was going to get a 97´Impreza STI, so he just vent 400km extra, so he could pick up a set of used 17" speedline,
That´s great, then i can mount the old 4pot from my old GC8 Impreza.

working on the boxer

Offline Denmark

Re: my project Subaru Legacy Turbo 92´
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 03:51:31 pm »
Just had the time to mount this today( is the missy´s birthday),
It ruin the Sleeper look, but  when i get the time, they will be painted a dark color, something like the bronche, that can be had at Rota.

It  would have been a lot nicer to have had a rpm signal from the Vems :)
working on the boxer