Author Topic: hello to One and all  (Read 5056 times)

Offline Agriv8

• BHP: 4
hello to One and all
« on: February 26, 2007, 02:10:23 pm »
Well it finnaly happened after breaking down again on Saturday the Range Rover Hotwire EFI was removed from my rover V8.

Time to dust of the box marked VEMS stuff  and get it installed onto the car. The box of bits was bought second hand and is running ver 3.2.

And after testing bits on the coffee table an then a  Few 'in the garage hours' ( thats men tinkering Hours not wives foot tapping hours ) we have the following. Injectors ( batch fire Left and Right ) Water temp, Air Temp, Trigger, Trottle Pot. all hooked

Tonight will be checking the above and seeing if we can get a cough and then onto Lambda calibrating !!

Once I have Vems running Fuel it will also be hooked up to the Wasted spark system.

So About me well in as few words as possible, A tall lanky Yorkshire man who likes regular visits to the petrol station in his 4.2 V8 MNR Vortx ( a 7 type clone ). Computers not a problem ( the day Job ) Vems well learing as I go.

So I will get some pics posted up ASAP of the mess that is my garrage and the coulored spagetti that is my loom.

So sure I will be bugging you experts over the comming weeks

Kindest regards

Agriv8

'The older I get the faster I was'

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
Re: hello to One and all
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 02:26:25 pm »
:)  Good to hear of another Rover running on VEMS!  (My Griffith & Tony's v8 Capri are in the projects forum)

Go for full sequential on the injection if you can be bothered - it's quite a lot smoother if you do!
What are you using for the trigger?

Offline Agriv8

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 02:37:03 pm »
Hello,

Sorry not too clear on that Yes batch fire at the moment but my loom allows move to sequential - Just patched the 4 togeter and a short connector to the Plug.

Thinking that batch should be easier to get to the 'running stage'  then will have to get the trigger angle spot on for the wasted spark side then move to sequential ( are you running STD Injectors or upgraded dnb ?)

Trigger 36-1 on the crank and a home made Ali bracket of 2 spare holes on the SD1 front cover.

Tony has answered a few emails from me so a publick 'THANKYOU' from me will go and have a sneaky look in the Projects Forum Now.

Thanks

Agriv8

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 03:58:54 pm »
Upgraded injectors now.  The Lucas ones were "a little tired" and importing a set from the US was as cheap as cleaning the old ones. 

Sounds like our trigger is similar.

I went sequential from the start (although not phased to the cam) and had very few problems.

Offline Agriv8

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 10:55:11 pm »
Well I must really have more faith in myself.

After susing that I had no spark ( coil disconnected when removing Hotwire System )

Connected the Vems back up hoping for a cough. Got a little more that I bargened for !!! after picking myself up of the floor and hitting the print screen this what I captured from Megatune

So best crack on and get the lambda calibrated in.

Thought I had best post on here as the moment was a little lost on the wife her response " thats Nice Dear  are you going to do the washing up now"

Oh Ps a little picture of my install in all its glory ( sorry not a tidy worker in my own garage )

well I hope to keep posting stories of more milestones shortly ( and questions as I am bound to get stuck )

regards

Agriv8

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 09:28:36 am »
Well done. :D  Mine went the same way - expected a cough or two, but got a roughly idling engine!