Author Topic: First running of my 2.5 litre Impreza project  (Read 11540 times)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
Re: First running of my 2.5 litre Impreza project
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 08:26:47 am »
Great news that it´s running  :)

"No sign of trigger errors, even when the fans cut in and out (which caused noise and errors for a while on the Griff<"

I had that on the Legacy too, cured it with raising the trigger level to above 200mv, on the lm1815,
did you do any hardware changes on the vems board with the trigger signals  to get the Impreza running?

I just think its strange that i have had 1 my99 Impreza ,and the my92 legacy, that both had trooble with the cranking/start no as bad in the Impreza as the Legacy,

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 11:34:48 am »
No changes to the vems board - I was VERY careful with the main grounding and made sure no inputs were allowed to be left floating.

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 01:48:27 pm »
hmm, maybe that is the trooble with mine, but just a bit strange that it´s on two cars,

I must check up on the wiring then, it´s just easy´er to mount a new triggerwheel, when i´m having so much trooble with it,
I´m thinking that it might be the startermotor, that is making the noise, as the car start instantly when i is push started,
I must think of a way i can test that, maybe get the startmotor turning from another batteri??

/Skassa

Ps i have just handed over the keys to the newage customer, and he could not tell the difference between the oe ecutek´ed ecu, and the vems ecu, when running normal, so that´s just great :)
working on the boxer