Technical > Fuel Injection

Moving from batch fire to fully sequential

(1/5) > >>

se7ensport:
I now have the car running at the lower end of the VE Table and could begin to populate it, however, I planned to run fully sequential if possible and don't want to waste time going further across the table if it's likely to change.

But from reading the wiki it would appear that I need a cam sensor for this which is a route I'm not going to go down due to time & effort.

I wanted to use sequential to reduce the pressure fluctuation in the fuel rail and to keep the injector cycle down. I thought it would run by multiplying the VE table figure below by 4, setting the Alternate banks from h[0] to 3 and injector outputs to 4,1,2,8 but this doesn't seem to work and don't understand why a cam sensor is required for this.

I'd happily settle for firing the injectors in pairs, but unsure how to set this or which to pair (i know it's be a binary mask but thats it), if i do this would my VE table values need to double?

http://www.box.net/shared/splbgd7rd3

http://www.box.net/shared/v6qnrjjfue

[email protected]:
you can fire injectors in sequence without a cam signal.
Just set your table (starting from 3 up to 0) 1 8 16 2
And now you'll need 4 times as much fuel from the ground up I'm afraid...

se7ensport:
I assume I also need to change the Alternate banks from h[0] to 3?

se7ensport:

--- Quote from: [email protected] on September 05, 2008, 09:07:05 pm ---you can fire injectors in sequence without a cam signal.
Just set your table (starting from 3 up to 0) 1 8 16 2
And now you'll need 4 times as much fuel from the ground up I'm afraid...

--- End quote ---

Just had a look at my previous settings that I took from the wiki and for sequential it shows for 1-3-4-2 firing (which is what I have)

"Remembering the binary pattern above, in Settings->Injector Outputs you will set:

* 0 to 4
    * 1 to 1
    * 2 to 2
    * 3 to 8"

[email protected]:
Ignore my last post.  1, 4, 8, 2 or 4, 8, 2, 1
It depends on how the engine is setup regarding coils and injectors.

You need to match injector channels 1 & 8 with the coil channel for cylinders 1 & 4, and channels 4 & 2 with the coil channels for cylinders 2 & 3.

Rob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version