Author Topic: Trouble connecting VEMS to Bluetooth on windows 10  (Read 3834 times)

Offline dkritz76

• New Users
  • BHP: 0
Trouble connecting VEMS to Bluetooth on windows 10
« on: June 17, 2018, 09:00:18 pm »
Trying to get my laptop to connect to my VEMS on my Porsche 944 turbo. I have everything hooked up in the car correctly, ignition turned on, and when I go to connect my laptop it cannot.   Open settings, select Bluetooth, and look for available devices. There are a couple devices that say “unknown device”. I believe it’s one of them as the person that builds these for VEMS for the Porsche crowd told me.   I select on one of them at a time and no luck.  Could it be windows 10 not compatible?   Should I pick up a usb Bluetooth dongle for my computer instead of using internal Bluetooth that is intagrated into my computer?   Any advice welcome. 

Offline NOTORIOUS VR

• BHP: 5
Re: Trouble connecting VEMS to Bluetooth on windows 10
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 07:19:14 pm »
I have no issues on Win10 with VEMS BT adapter...

proceed with normal pairing operation via Windows settings/BT, PW is 1234 for pairing to adapter.. windows will then install 2x COM ports... generally it is the 2nd (higher) COM port number.  And it can take up to 60 sec to connect to the ECU inside VEMStune.

Offline MbRare16v

• BHP: 0
Re: Trouble connecting VEMS to Bluetooth on windows 10
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 07:57:07 pm »
Have Windows 10 as well and I was able to connect to the BT device and pair it with the code. In VEMS software I see two COM ports 3 and 4 but neither work when I try to connect. I am powering the BT adapter with my cigarette plug and Micro USB cable, maybe I need 5v power? 

Maybe my battery is not fully charged and the ECU is not getting enough power but I did have it on a trickle charger for a while and the car doesn't run so I'm not asking much of it. I'm thinking this is not a BT issue so I want to try directly connecting to the ECU with via USB.

Do I need to use the USB to RS232 FTDI Adapter from VEMS shop or can I use ANY adapter? 

Note: I did not install the VEMS and I am using a wiring harness made up by someone else. (not the greatest position to be in I know) The harness is high quality and looks professional. Link: http://elbe.ee/