Author Topic: Over-Boost!!! Boost Target higher then config?  (Read 5270 times)

Offline RazOn

• BHP: 0
Over-Boost!!! Boost Target higher then config?
« on: July 08, 2018, 12:46:33 am »
Any idea what kind of corrections would make the boost target exceed the configured value?

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
Re: Over-Boost!!! Boost Target higher then config?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 10:29:28 am »
Post config.
Anytrimm can add boost target.

Offline RazOn

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 11:10:30 pm »
Checked.
Anytrim 1 through 5  is disabled.

For most of time my boost is getting trimmed down 2-3 PSI from my dialed in target (again, for no aparent reason). But now that I see it higher than my target, it's becoming a concern.

Offline NOTORIOUS VR

• BHP: 5
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 04:08:59 pm »
share you logs... screenshots are completely useless if you want any type of real support. 

I've never had the ECU change the target on me just because it feels like it.

Offline RazOn

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 07:20:40 pm »
Having one of the faster cars out there, I hope you understand I can't simply share logs of the car. Had to work hard to get where we are.
Besides the offsets in boost target, it seems I'm now seeing changes in timing as well.
Please help me understand what corrections are causing the spark advance to go to 22.5deg instead of the 19.2deg  interpolated from the spark table. Let me know.... I'll try to provide as much data as possible.

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 08:40:47 am »
Having one of the faster cars out there, I hope you understand I can't simply share logs of the car. Had to work hard to get where we are.
Besides the offsets in boost target, it seems I'm now seeing changes in timing as well.
Please help me understand what corrections are causing the spark advance to go to 22.5deg instead of the 19.2deg  interpolated from the spark table. Let me know.... I'll try to provide as much data as possible.

nobody cares about your car for sure :)) and nobody cares is it fast or not :) provide a normal log
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline RazOn

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 05:15:04 pm »

nobody cares about your car for sure :)) and nobody cares is it fast or not :) provide a normal log

You must be living in an alternate reality :) Why does this forum exist, and why are you on it if you don't care?
How about giving me a pointer what to look into... I know my way around VEMS!  ;)

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 05:17:47 pm by RazOn »

Offline RazOn

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 05:40:46 pm »
You can see from the calculated model that I had 19.2deg of timing dialed in my spark table, but the ECU spark advance is 22.5deg (3.3deg more than I dialed in) with none of the corrections or trims being active.

Anybody have an idea where the difference comes from?

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 06:37:54 pm »

You must be living in an alternate reality :) Why does this forum exist, and why are you on it if you don't care?
How about giving me a pointer what to look into... I know my way around VEMS!  ;)
what I mean NOBODY gives a fuck about it is it fast or not :) not providing log because you think you have something epic special there is some sort of retarded action :) so try to sort that by yourself :))
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 09:31:20 pm »
If I understand you point out that the Vems calculated values are not necessarily the same that the ECU values. This is known. However I don't have the reasons for this.

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 12:19:19 pm »
You can see from the calculated model that I had 19.2deg of timing dialed in my spark table, but the ECU spark advance is 22.5deg (3.3deg more than I dialed in) with none of the corrections or trims being active.

Anybody have an idea where the difference comes from?
send me config with zeros in ignition and fuel table so i can see where is error.