Author Topic: bmw m52 turbo  (Read 6016 times)

Offline Nicos

• BHP: 0
bmw m52 turbo
« on: July 29, 2018, 12:32:58 am »
hello, i'm new in vems community, i'm french and sorry for my english, i leave in New-Caledonia in south pacific, i drift and upgrade my car with turbo for new season. It's a M52B28 single vanos with forged rod and piston (8.1 compression), arp studs, cometic head gasket, turbo T4 700A/R.96, Tial 38mm wastewater, 3,5" downpipes and ex-system, FMIC 3", BOV Tial, 65Occ injectors, AEM fuel regulator, AEM fuel pump 380lph. I have a vems PNP box supplied with MAP sensor and WBO2 LS4,9, i followed the tutorial video for calibration and no problem but when i cranking the engine i don't have a rpm signal and no start. To be sure i test my standard ecu MS41 siemens (EWS deleted) and the engine start.
My config trigger

Type - multitooth
Filtering - Disable
Advance Filtering - Disable
Missing Tooth - N-2
Special Trigger Type - Normal
TDC after Trigger - 60
No of teth on wheel - 58
Trigger tooth - 4
Next trigger tooth - 20
Angular width of tooth - 2
Angular width of missing tooth - 6

I need help
Thanks
Nicos

Offline Nicos

Re: bmw m52 turbo
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 09:27:14 pm »
No reply? Nobody to help me??
I add changed the cam sensor but not news, i don’t have rpm in vemstune.
My engine is M52b28 1997 Bmw Z3, the crankshaft position sensor must Be changed for M50 sensor?
Thanks to help me

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 06:11:49 pm »
I daily drive a 1997 328i with the VEMS PnP, never needed to change anything. Unplug the MAF, plug in the MAP sensor and ECU, calibrate the TPS and wideband, install the wideband in the exhaust and start the car.

If you're not getting RPM signal, that's the most critical sensor of the engine. Without that signal, none of the essential functions will work. You need to find out why the ECU isn't seeing the crank trigger. Either email your config to me, or use the VemsTune Sharing Center available from the help menu of VemsTune to create a report and upload a log, then you can paste the URL here for more help.

Thanks,
Jason
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline Nicos

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 09:35:53 pm »
Thanks for you reply .
I have changed the crankshaft sensor and the rpm ok and engine start.!
Strange!
And i don’t have unplug the MAF but the car run.
I have downloading a base config M52 in wiki and the engine start and run but at hot hé stalls and has trouble to restarting.
I try to send you my config.
Thanks a lot
Nicos