Author Topic: Idle Control VW 1.8T AEB  (Read 2915 times)

Offline Thomas_1.8T

• New Users
  • BHP: 0
Idle Control VW 1.8T AEB
« on: August 15, 2018, 07:31:31 am »
Hi Guys.

My name is Thomas and I'm from Germany. My current project is a Passat 3b 1.8T with K16 Porsche turbocharger. Because in my near nobody knows about the old Motronic 3.8.3 or 3.8.2 I made the decision to try it with the VEMS. The vehicle starts and drives in part load nicely on Lambda 1. My current problem is that I do not get the idle control on the original throttle. I do not know where I should clamp the idle switch on the Vems and tell her that she should then stubbornly regulate it. Maybe one of you has a hint for me how to solve this. Have now just the first few degrees of DK hidden.

Greetings Thomas

PS: Sorry for my english, Google has translated
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:06:18 pm by Thomas_1.8T »

Offline ChrisAudi80

• BHP: 0
Re: Idle Control VW 1.8T AEB
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 11:07:28 am »
Hi Guys.

My name is Thomas and I'm from Germany. My current project is a Passat 3b 1.8T with K16 Porsche turbocharger. Because in my near nobody knows about the old Motronic 3.8.3 or 3.8.2 I made the decision to try it with the VEMS. The vehicle starts and drives in part load nicely on Lambda 1. My current problem is that I do not get the idle control on the original throttle. I do not know where I should clamp the idle switch on the Vems and tell her that she should then stubbornly regulate it. Maybe one of you has a hint for me how to solve this. Have now just the first few degrees of DK hidden.

Greetings Thomas

PS: Sorry for my english, Google has translated

VEMS cannot completely control the 1.8T IAC. I have done it as follows on my AEB:

pin T80/66 (TB pin1) to EC36-6 (Inverted)
TB pin 2 to EC36-25 (12v)

Config:
200Hz PWM
Range 30 to 99% DC
Start with 60%DC to see what happens.

See here for source: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5809274-VEMS-iac-help

Scroll down page.