Author Topic: Enabling cam-sync makes engine run rough  (Read 5017 times)

Offline msh

• BHP: 0
Enabling cam-sync makes engine run rough
« on: December 21, 2018, 12:10:46 am »
I have mid-nineties VW 2.0 8v engine with 60-2 impulse wheel in crank, being read by OEM hall sensor, and dizzy with single window for cam sync. I just got trigger wheel working, however I am unable to get engine to run properly with cam-sync enabled - engine starts and runs fine with cam-sync disabled, once it's enabled, it barely starts and feels like it's running on just two cylinders, like prapapapapa...

Stock setup has secondary trigger falling into the impulse wheel gap, which, as I am aware, won't work with VEMS. So I adjusted dizzy slightly [it still has duty of routing sparks, so I cannot turn it around freely at will] in this way, however, that made no difference...

So I thought "well, maybe that's not enough "before""". So I turned dizzy 90 degrees and rotated ignition leads, ending up with this, and still it's the same...

Anyone has any ideas?

FW 1.2.38

Config http://files.inbox.lv/ticket/0fe7153693b32748553462b465ad0619e56283d7/esosaiscaurpl60.vemscfg

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: Enabling cam-sync makes engine run rough
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 07:04:26 pm »
you have to change trigger reference tooth table after enabling sec trigger, instead of 0-30-0-30 to 0-30-60-90
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline msh

• BHP: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 10:11:39 pm »
Ok, thanks for that, made sense both to me and the ECU. But now I have another problem - yesterday I made usual ~ 100 km trip, and during it, when the laptop was connected, most of the time I got "less sec trig" error - for example, I made some bad trigger log [with default baud rate], and there are 761 times "less sec trig" and just two times secondary trigger. Other than this error, it had almost no problems - in the first 20 kilometres, on the road, around six times there were situations that felt like engine would stop working for a cycle or two, but later I had no such situations. Is there anything I should inspect? I guess if the dizzy hall sender would be glitchy, it would simply stop to work until cooldown, instead of appearing and disappearing...