Author Topic: 30 degrees in the map 26degrees in Megatune and logs!!  (Read 8257 times)

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
30 degrees in the map 26degrees in Megatune and logs!!
« on: December 23, 2008, 08:00:36 pm »
Where have I lost 4 degrees?!?!?

This held us back on the dyno today, my mapper didnt want to go any further as is those four degrees decided to come back from where ever they went, it could be disastrous.

Firmware 1.0.73

I have MAT retard disabled, all ALS, Shift cut, Launch control dissabled, Knock action values zero. What else have I missed

I somehow think this is related to temperature. Is there CLT retard at the higher end?

we were having trouble keeping the temps down on the dyno, requiring periodic cooldown runs. I am using an 88c thermostat and the temps driving dont see much above90, the cooling fan is set for 95 and cut out at 90.

Please help me find these missing degrees so I can then find my missing BHP ;D

Oh and so far 107bhp at 7300rpm  and 81lbft at 6400rpm :D

I'll post up the config table later

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: 30 degrees in the map 26degrees in Megatune and logs!!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 08:04:17 pm »
If you post up the log from the dyno session and tables/msq
it would help to check over anything you have missed.

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 10:06:18 pm »
If you post up the log from the dyno session and tables/msq
it would help to check over anything you have missed.

You have email ;)

Hi, Thanks for having a look at this. I dont want to publish these files on the web, so iif anyone wants them they just have to request it.

I have looked through the logs again and I noticed the pulse width is rather bumpy, looking further you can see acceleration enrichment is rapidly switching on and off, even without throttle input. for mapping, I placed zero in all the TPS dotrate bins, but not the enrichment bins. We mapped with EGOC turned off, then when we were happy turned that back on, but i dont think it was doing anything much because of the acceleration enrichment. I will re instate those acceleration enrichment values and try it out later to see if this is the problem, it never was before these settings were 'swithced' off.

The advance is a strange one. we noticed it when we changed from mapping the fueling to mapping the ignition. 30 was used from 4k up at full throttle. logs reported 26 at max rpm, 4 degrees lost somewhere. after a break and trying to get hold of Rob on the phone, lol, I thought about the knock action values. Those were all zero'd and it did allow the advance to reach 30, but in subsequent runs where the advance was increased by 1 each time, the logs still reported 30. Bizzar

When I got home, I have smoothed out the tables and knocked back the top line ignition just to give me peace of mind untill I know where im going wrong. Other than that its a laugh to drive.

Many thanks

In Light and Peace

Colin

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 02:42:23 am »
Did you go from Speed Density to AlphaN?

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 04:59:48 am »
yes with a few firmware reflashes to sort the coolant temp

I can confirm that the erratic pulsewidth is indeed down to setting the acceleration enrichment dotrate bins to zero. wich then lead to pulsing acceleration enrichments, adding pulse width corresponding to the first bin of the enrichment values. EGOC never got a chance to work and kept switching off as a result.

If you take out the AE for dyno mapping, Do not set dotrate values to zero, set the enrichment values to zero instead. Also dont forget to set to zero the cold multiplication factors and the time period. Firmware 1.0.73

Advance still peaks at 30 degrees and no more at full throttle, but at part load cruse i will achive 38 degrees same as the map
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 05:15:08 am by Sprocket »

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 04:16:12 pm »
One thing I found when mapping my car on AlphaN was that MegaTune got confused by all of the profile ans speed density switching about and the values on the tables did not relate to the load values that the VEMS was reading - so the cell that was being changed did not seem to do anything.  The cell 3 load points above made a difference though...

We didn't have time to mess around, so grabbed a fresh version from the original zip file, selected 12x12 standard and the problem seemed to have cured itself.

If you're going to upgrade to 1.0.78 or even 1.1.44 then you may find that the problem disappears as the scaling is correct.

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 07:36:13 pm »
Yeh, I'll give this a go later in the week, Once I get over Christmas :D

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 09:20:11 pm »
I'm afraid that Christmas is inevitable - there's nothing much you, me or anyone else can do about it. ;)