Author Topic: VEMS on a 3.2 Porsche 911  (Read 8176 times)

Offline stan911

• BHP: 0
VEMS on a 3.2 Porsche 911
« on: October 12, 2018, 10:47:09 am »
Hi Guys,
After checking different EFI systems, I decided to go for a "plug and play" VEMS on my old 3.2 911.
Original set up was for a low boost turbo, it never works as well as I wanted to and the 350 +hp were not suiting my need for a daily driver.
I decided to back NA, got a base file from Peep Podam to make things easier. 
The engine fired right up. The issue I have is that the TPS has a 5V signal on ignition and as soon as I start the engine, I loose the signal (no 5V anymore). So the engine kind of works until I reached 100kpa and then get stuck  to about 2000rpm on all gears.
We have checked wiring as per the info I have and everything is plugged in as it should.
Having a base map from Peep makes me thing the issue is not there but only TPS signal related.
Has anyone got a clue what to look for? This is my first step in the the EFI world and I have to say I am a bit lost :-[
Maybe it wasn't a great idea in the first place but the Porsche motronic is 35 years old and I just wanted to give this great engine/car combo a chance to run as well as it could... thanks for your help  :D

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: VEMS on a 3.2 Porsche 911
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 04:37:19 pm »
Hi Guys,
After checking different EFI systems, I decided to go for a "plug and play" VEMS on my old 3.2 911.
Original set up was for a low boost turbo, it never works as well as I wanted to and the 350 +hp were not suiting my need for a daily driver.
I decided to back NA, got a base file from Peep Podam to make things easier. 
The engine fired right up. The issue I have is that the TPS has a 5V signal on ignition and as soon as I start the engine, I loose the signal (no 5V anymore). So the engine kind of works until I reached 100kpa and then get stuck  to about 2000rpm on all gears.
We have checked wiring as per the info I have and everything is plugged in as it should.
Having a base map from Peep makes me thing the issue is not there but only TPS signal related.
Has anyone got a clue what to look for? This is my first step in the the EFI world and I have to say I am a bit lost :-[
Maybe it wasn't a great idea in the first place but the Porsche motronic is 35 years old and I just wanted to give this great engine/car combo a chance to run as well as it could... thanks for your help  :D
try to do some calibration of tps sensor, and write down values you get and post them here
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline stan911

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 08:25:36 am »
this is what I got with manual and wizard calibration
Tps 0% =45 adc
Tps 100% = 217 adc
Interestingly, the car doesn't start anymore.  It had serious self ignition and I now worried I am going to damage the engine. I wonder if I am not going to put the motronic back in , if it starts it is definetly coming from the Vems/wiring, if it doesn't, well the search might be long...

Offline Mac-B

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 07:23:46 am »
Hi,

Just found this one...
I'm running a VEMS on a 3,2 NA as well.
If I can help let me know.

Marcus