Author Topic: Correct settings for staged injectors - i'm asking for help  (Read 8492 times)

Offline krzycho-g

• BHP: 0
Correct settings for staged injectors - i'm asking for help
« on: November 27, 2018, 08:02:22 pm »
Hi everyone

For the first time I configure VEMS for the R4 engine which has 4 basic injectors and 4 additional ones connected to a separate output.
I have my doubts:
1. how to properly set the Req Fuel or count for 4 injectors then it goes out 12.2ms or for 8 - 6.1ms
2. Do I have to set 4 or 8 injectors in the Injector Settings?
3. The F1 help shows that I should assign outputs to the 4 basic injectors in Injector Output Visual and then to the additional ones in the same order. Below, a screenshot as I think it is supposed to look like - am I right or not?
4. Why the order of the numbering of the channel functions assigned to the outputs is different for the basic injectors and different for the additional ones in the Injector Output Visual window? Should I not worry about it and assume that Staging 0 is an additional injector for cylinder No. 1, Staging 1 - Cyl. nr.2 etc.?

Thank you very much for the help the engine has added a turbo and I would not like to cook it first.

Best regards
Kris
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 12:05:53 pm by krzycho-g »

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: Correct settings for staged injectors - i'm asking for help
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 06:18:22 pm »
Looks right to me

You donĀ“t need to be boosting to test if this works properly. just have the second injectors come on at lower map and lower tps,

When its working well you should be able to change the thresholds so that the second injectors are coming on and off as you wish without changing the lambda much

Offline krzycho-g

• BHP: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 07:55:57 pm »
I have an impression that the staged injectors mode does not work. I have changed the activation parameters of the staged injectors so that they are constantly active, i.e. RPM = 600 TPS = 0 MAP = 20 and has no effect. The injection time has not decreased twice, I also removed the plugs from the injectors to make sure they do not work - they do not work. I made a firmware upgrade from version 1.2.11 to version 1.2.38 - no effect.

Is there anyone who has successfully launched staged injection?

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 10:24:57 am »
Yes, i did lot of cars with staged injectors. PW in logs is the same with staged injectors, so you will see more than 100% injector dc.

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 11:56:22 am »
I have an impression that the staged injectors mode does not work. I have changed the activation parameters of the staged injectors so that they are constantly active, i.e. RPM = 600 TPS = 0 MAP = 20 and has no effect. The injection time has not decreased twice, I also removed the plugs from the injectors to make sure they do not work - they do not work. I made a firmware upgrade from version 1.2.11 to version 1.2.38 - no effect.

Is there anyone who has successfully launched staged injection?
it works without any problems :)
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]